Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

tracking device

S

sheilaboyce

we have just taken ownership of our new cali and i have to say it is brilliant love it ,but we would like to fit a tracking device but we are unsure which one ,because of the high value of the van we dont want to put any cheap device on ,so would like some advice please .

What is your motive for fitting the tracker?

In my opinion unless it is an insurance requirement don't bother. The discounts you get on the insurance are not enough to offset the installation cost plus annual subscriptions.

If some scrote nicks my cali & has fun in it & does damage to it, I do not want it back = no tracker.
Trouble with trackers they are mostly an ongoing yearly payment & contract.

If some scrote nicks my cali, I want to find him = tracker :D

Fore me, having paid so much fro a vehicle I wanted to protect it as well as I could. I was lucky to get a deal through my works where we have a fleet of vehicles covered by them. I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Speaking to friend that are traffic police, they tell me that they have never failed to recover a vehicle with a tracker fitted.

Too many VHF and Cellphone scramblers now available on the internet. Unless you can notify the Police etc: within 30mins of it being stolen, or it's joyriders then the likelihood of it being recovered is remote. If a professional wants it he will get it, and if joyriders have had it then I would prefer not to get it back. :sad

Back