Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trade in value

My Cali is my only/daily driver, but this thread is about trade in values, or at least it was!

Out of interest what would people recommend as a bargain camper that could also be used as a comfortable daily and would happily rack up 50k over the next 4 years without too many issue’s? I looked at bongo’s when I started down this path as a proper budget alternative but in the end decided they were just too old and thirsty. Most Vw based conversions didn’t seem to make sense as they were approaching used California money, and used cali’s hold their value so well for that only high milers were cheap enough to make sense financially (still 30k plus in most cases) in comparison to just buying new when you consider strong residuals 4 year servicing, 5 warranty, first year tax etc. (My 6.1 ocean will be around 57k otr)

A friend of mine from work has a Renault van which he’s converted himself.
He’s all in at £7.5k...
No pop top roof, but I think it’s slightly taller than a standard transporter and it definitely feels wider inside.
He’s got a fixed bed and small cooking pod, with leisure electrics and 230v hookup.
He uses it as his daily and his wife also has her own car.

An example of the WBAC valuations.
2 weeks ago and today. Obviously the price 2 weeks ago was due to them having no idea of the market at the time.

I sold my first Beach to WBAC and it fluctuated in value by 4 grand from day to day.

FFA77C00-3836-404E-B7F1-7989C2104F11.jpeg

2374C61D-3A02-405C-8DED-870B779496EB.jpeg

I foresee an ocean of beaches flooding the market ;)