Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TransRockies Classic

T

TwoDogs

VIP Member
Well, that's me and my bike packed up..hope it survives the trip. Heading to Calgary today ready for the TransRockies Classic, starting Monday. 3rd time for me...but it doesn't get any less scary!
And to add to the challenge, my teammate seems have contracted Lymes, so I may well be riding solo.4766420190718_071814.jpg

A bit late coming back on to say it, but I finished the race! I didn't win :) but I wasn't last! As anticipated, my team mate couldn't ride, so I had to adjust to riding solo...definitely missed having someone to push me on when my mind went into some very very dark places (particularly on Day 4 when I could have happily just given up). On the other hand, with only 120-ish people riding, I got to ride entirely alone in real wilderness, with no-one in sight for long periods...a real privilege (might have felt differently had a met a bear!).
With hindsight, another fantastic race..some huge days in the saddle - shortest day was 4:30, longest was 8:45 (last day!)...and 2000-2500m of off road climbing for 6 of the 7 days. We got much luckier with the weather and only had one day of rain (inevitably the Nipika day), and go to see the views that were hidden in rain/cloud in 2009.

Halfway point on Day 4...51km up, now 51km down!
DSC_1272.jpg

Campsite at Whiteswan Lake
DSC_1278.jpg

er...not sure..day 5?
DSC_1287.jpg

Campsite Day 6
DSC_1289.jpg

The last day...we started way way down in that valley in the distance
DSC_1292.jpg

a shed in the middle of nowhere..day 1
FB_IMG_1564196050158.jpg

DSC_1292.jpg