Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New flame

Frank Herrity

Frank Herrity

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Encouraging first date with my 2013 California SE 140 on the 140 mile journey home from her previous owner a few days ago. She was on her best behaviour, although I'm sure she was eyeing me suspiciously through the window of the coffee shop when I had a 'comfort' stop- I wan't ready to try her gas just yet.
I had a fling with a hired Berghaus a few years ago. A bit too flash for me, I prefer the classic elegance of the natural grey SE. She's sensible too, with a Cali topper and insulated windscreen cover as well as seat covers. She's equipped for adventure, with removable towbar and roof bars, and fittings for a fifth seat. I'm sure I'll find something to buy to make her feel wanted.
I bought privately. Always a bit anxiety provoking. But Nick was great, and he seems to have looked after her well.
We're still at the 'I don't know where I stand' stage, as Joni Mitchell sang, but it feels like it might be a long and wonderful romance. Early decision: do I need that fifth seat? Any thoughts welcome.
I wish this forum was as easy to use as the Cali (pictures when I can work out how).

Welcome , seems there's love in the air....:thumb

Encouraging first date with my 2013 California SE 140 on the 140 mile journey home from her previous owner a few days ago. She was on her best behaviour, although I'm sure she was eyeing me suspiciously through the window of the coffee shop when I had a 'comfort' stop- I wan't ready to try her gas just yet.
I had a fling with a hired Berghaus a few years ago. A bit too flash for me, I prefer the classic elegance of the natural grey SE. She's sensible too, with a Cali topper and insulated windscreen cover as well as seat covers. She's equipped for adventure, with removable towbar and roof bars, and fittings for a fifth seat. I'm sure I'll find something to buy to make her feel wanted.
I bought privately. Always a bit anxiety provoking. But Nick was great, and he seems to have looked after her well.
We're still at the 'I don't know where I stand' stage, as Joni Mitchell sang, but it feels like it might be a long and wonderful romance. Early decision: do I need that fifth seat? Any thoughts welcome.
I wish this forum was as easy to use as the Cali (pictures when I can work out how).
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Yes, definitely have to have a picture - then you'll be able to post pictures of your adventures.
I use Apple / Android products and find it very easy to post pictures. Windows I have no experience of.
Just click on "Upload a File" and follow the instructions.

As regards the 5th seat. Will you ever use it? It will have to be removed to use the rear seat bed.
You can sell it. Would go for about £350 + if in good condition. Collection only.

If you don't plan to keep the vehicle long term and can store the seat then could be a selling point.

Just working my way through a list of essentials: bellows bungee yes; awning hold down probably; Sparesafe cost benefit analysis inconclusive. But the difficult decision is whether to risk a decent glass for the single malt or just stick to a hip flask.