Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trip switch location

J

Jules Blackham

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
sorry.. bit of a simple question.... when I plug my 2018 California be into a ground timelines ;the 230 V internal plug socket has stopped working. I assume it is the trip switch that has tripped. Where is this hidden? The manual says with the tool kit in the rear... I can’t find it where the jack is located... can anyone advise?

sorry.. bit of a simple question.... when I plug my 2018 California be into a ground timelines ;the 230 V internal plug socket has stopped working. I assume it is the trip switch that has tripped. Where is this hidden? The manual says with the tool kit in the rear... I can’t find it where the jack is located... can anyone advise?
Remove jack and put your hand up inside the cavity to locate the Switch.
Not that common for a Mains failure to be solely due to the RCD tripping. Are you sure the supply is On and your Mains cable is OK?

Hi
If it’s anything like mine you can’t actually see it.
Try putting your hand up inside the compartment and feeling around as it should be up there. It’s sort of back to back with the rear lights.
The Manual was useless for me too !

I have a 4 way extension with a neon like, that tells me i have 240v, or look at the CCU for the mains plug?

Thanks for replies. Managed to find trip switch following your advice and now works. Thanks gor help

You'll need a double joined small child to get at it especially if the Multiflex is fitted. When you eventually do find it by touch only (you won't be able to actually see it), the ON position is with the switch in the up position.

It's location is stunning piece of design work. VW couldn't have stuck it in a more awkward spot if they had tried. It needs to be flush mounted in the side panel with a clear plastic hinged flap to stop inadvertent actuation or better still in the passenger B post above the 240v and 12v sockets.

Back