Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Twins

California Bubble

California Bubble

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all.

Any experience with twins greatly appreciated. My reprobates are 12 months old and we are off to Guernsey in May. I’m more relaxed about it all, but the wife is worried; especially about sleeping arrangements. I figured they’d sleep downstairs packed in with pillows and we’d go up top...

Anyone who has been through it and survived, we’d like to hear how?

Happy Camping!
CB.

What about mixing it.
One adult up top, one baby...?

Do you have some kind of awning?

What about mixing it.
One adult up top, one baby...?

Do you have some kind of awning?

They are twins ....they probally get mixed up a few times every day ...:upsidedown

There are others that dealth with babies in the Cali and reported using a hamoc in the front/cabin area .
Do use the child safety net when taking babies upstairs!

Hi all.

Any experience with twins greatly appreciated. My reprobates are 12 months old and we are off to Guernsey in May. I’m more relaxed about it all, but the wife is worried; especially about sleeping arrangements. I figured they’d sleep downstairs packed in with pillows and we’d go up top...

Anyone who has been through it and survived, we’d like to hear how?

Happy Camping!
CB.
Do you have a Beach or Ocean.

If you have a Beach you can extend the multiflex to create a 1.5m x 1.0m fixed bed, suitable for two toddlers (boys pictured aged 3 and 4 years).
IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2084.JPG

Hey,
Thanks for the replies. I’ve a 1991 T4; I really like the idea of the boys sleeping on the area behind the downstairs bench seat. I see people with a single infant recommend this and it looks perfectly safe and big enough for one. I guess it’s possible with two, but I think they will disturb each other too much.

There’s no chance I’ll put either one of them in the roof, we don’t have a safety net for up there, and I’m a little bit nervous about the Hamoc in the front as they’re really active and tremendous climbers!.. I do have a small Hamoc though so might have an experimental night out on the drive before the trip..

Whatever happens I’ll be sure to report back

CB.

We use a travel cot (Nuna) downstairs then we sleep up top. I'd recommend an awning as well, somewhere to keep car seats and the travel cot during the day.

Back