Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two weeks camping in Spain...(first timers) Tips appreciated!!!

Re mosquito net....we made one for about £10 for the sliding door, roll of mosquito net and some magnets off Amazon.....works well for us...there's a thread somewhere I think on this

Nice to wake up on a Sunday morning to some sage advice, thank you. Really has helped and I'll put much of it to practice. Now... COME ON ANDY!!!

Anyone fiddled around wth their headlights for right hand driving?

Because I travel frequently to the continent I've got one of those headlight protectors which also provide you with the proper stickers. I've got revulsr headligths, if you got xenons you can ask VW to set then to flat.

Hi Kano, I've got a very nice set of acrylic headlight covers that double as beam converters (with easy to place stickers) and they also protect the headlamps. Sturdy & easy to fit, £55 free delivery, but worth it in my book. Link to JustKampers: http://www.justkampers.com/zgb-7e2-071-101-headlight-protector-covers-vw-t5-facelift-2010.html. Cheers, David.[/QUOTE
Hi Kano, I've got a very nice set of acrylic headlight covers that double as beam converters (with easy to place stickers) and they also protect the headlamps. Sturdy & easy to fit, £55 free delivery, but worth it in my book. Link to JustKampers: http://www.justkampers.com/zgb-7e2-071-101-headlight-protector-covers-vw-t5-facelift-2010.html. Cheers, David.
Thanks for that. Looks quite substantive! Have you tried the stikers from halfords?

Thanks for that. Looks quite substantive! Have you tried the stikers from halfords?
Why bother?
If you want to spend no money at all, then just use a roll of black insulation tape and drive up to a plain wall stop about 10 feet away, look at the upkick projected on the wall and then use your tape to mask off the light until the pattern on the wall is level.

I tried the halfords beam deflector stickers & found them worse than useless.
I bought a secondhand set of the headlamp protectors, they have the markings on them & used electrical tape to mask off the pattern.
Its worth the cost to not have to scrape the baked on glue off the plastic headlamp lens

Cheers.. Headlight protectors it is

Anyone fiddled around wth their headlights for right hand driving?
The shop on the boat sells beam deflectors but I have never used them. We rarely drive in the dark and when we do no one seems to mind so they are still in the cupboard!
We are in Chartres on the way home after 5 weeks without them and so far and no problem
I have, in the past, used the insulating tape method suggested by Loz which seems just as good but quite honestly, I have been coming to Franxe for 40 years and we have never had a problem, using the deflectors or not and so now I don't use them. :oops::oops::oops:

The shop on the boat sells beam deflectors but I have never used them. We rarely drive in the dark and when we do no one seems to mind so they are still in the cupboard!
We are in Chartres on the way home after 5 weeks without them and so far and no problem
I have, in the past, used the insulating tape method suggested by Loz which seems just as good but quite honestly, I have been coming to Franxe for 40 years and we have never had a problem, using the deflectors or not and so now I don't use them. :oops::oops::oops:
bother
Okay David so looks like I shouldn't. Don't expect to be driving a lot at night anyway..

bother
Okay David so looks like I shouldn't. Don't expect to be driving a lot at night anyway..
Yes, If it were me I would carry either some tape to cover the headlamps , or buy a kit on the boat or at Halfords and just keep it in the cupboard in the van in case it is queried. Having an obviously continental van helps in them leaving you alone!
Just got home and we were at Neufchatel en Bray yesterday, near Dieppe and it was very hot 33C in the evening.
This is a great site and is on a direct line from Calais to the South. And is just 2 hours from Calais. Camping Sainte Claire, 76270 Neufchatel-en-Bray, tel 02 35 93 03 93.

Have great holiday