Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Type of pitch required

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello, I’m going to book Camping Les Baleines on ile de Ré with friends in August (they’re in tents).

There’s no difference in price but do you guys usually book a motor home pitch or a ‘car with tent’ type pitch?
I’ll have a drive away awning by then and I’ve camped before but never in my Cali. Excited about it! Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motor home pitches tend to be hard standing ones.
We use them in winter.
Summer, i´d go for car with tent pitch.

Motor home pitches tend to be hard standing ones.
We use them in winter.
Summer, i´d go for car with tent pitch.

Thanks, that’s very helpful and makes sense - particularly as we want to be adjacent to our tent friends. Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a word of caution. We’ve travelled extensively in our Cali and many campsites have tent pitches where your car is parked away from pitch (or close but maybe on a different level).
So we just explain that we have a campervan (not a motor home) and are given a pitch accordingly.
We found this a lot in northern Spain or in mountainous areas. I’le de Re should be fine or any of the larger sites.

Just a word of caution. We’ve travelled extensively in our Cali and many campsites have tent pitches where your car is parked away from pitch (or close but maybe on a different level).
So we just explain that we have a campervan (not a motor home) and are given a pitch accordingly.
We found this a lot in northern Spain or in mountainous areas. I’le de Re should be fine or any of the larger sites.

Thank you. Didn’t even consider that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk