Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Pressure Monitor / Sensor Light still on!

Troglodyte

Troglodyte

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can anyone help me? I have a 2016 Cali. The warning light came on for tyre pressures. I have topped up all the tyres including spare to 45lbs as per sticker on door frame. The manual says there is a SET button in the passengers storage compartment that you then press to re-set, but I cannot find one. There is what appears to be a blanked button. Therefore the warning light is still on. Any ideas please?

Can anyone help me? I have a 2016 Cali. The warning light came on for tyre pressures. I have topped up all the tyres including spare to 45lbs as per sticker on door frame. The manual says there is a SET button in the passengers storage compartment that you then press to re-set, but I cannot find one. There is what appears to be a blanked button. Therefore the warning light is still on. Any ideas please?
Do you have the Dashboard Central MFD Display between Speedo and Rev Dial?
If so then the Reset is on that under Tyres.

I had the same issue. For some bizarre reason it is not listed under "tyre pressure" in the handbook. I spent ages looking for a button in the glove box.

Jump in and put the ignition on but don’t start the engine, push and hold either the up or down on the right stalk until the MFD dashboard changes, scroll down and you’ll find tires and the settings menu it’s in there.

Took me ages to figure this out after scratching my head and reading the manual which was of no use whatsoever. There’s lots of other little settings you can play with there to.

Jump in and put the ignition on but don’t start the engine, push and hold either the up or down on the right stalk until the MFD dashboard changes, scroll down and you’ll find tires and the settings menu it’s in there.

Took me ages to figure this out after scratching my head and reading the manual which was of no use whatsoever. There’s lots of other little settings you can play with there to.
Thanks all sorted now. Mine has the menu controls on the steering wheel. I looked at the manual for ages last night trying to figure it out.

This happened to us on the day we bought our van....Just couldn’t work out why because we don’t have any sensors in our wheels...

This happened to us on the day we bought our van....Just couldn’t work out why because we don’t have any sensors in our wheels...
There are no sensors in the wheel.
The system is Passive rather than Active. It uses the wheels ABS sensor.
A wheel/tyre that loses pressure changes shape and becomes smaller in diameter and so has to revolve at a faster rate to cover the same distance as a wheel/tyre at normal pressure. This discrepancy is picked up and triggers the alarm.