Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre pressure re-set

Farley

Farley

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,
Three weeks ago, remember? When we could travel..... I had a 700 mile round trip in my van towing a car trailer (picked up a good roadwortthy Jensen Healey but that’s another story!).
So... I re-set the tyre pressures as advised and set off. Should have thought about it bu 5 miles from home the tyre pressure warning light came on. Pulled into a handy lay-by and checked but all was OK. Got the manual out and it told me where to locate the re-set button. I looked where directed, in the passenger glovebox (yep, really) but there is no re-set button there. I could find nothing in the vehicles computer in settings (that’s where I re-set tyre pressures in my Golf) so carried on with the light illuminated. Every stop I checked tyre pressures, always OK. I was due my first MOT last week so thought I would check with the garage but hey, it was cancelled.
So, please help if you know where the re-set is. California Beach 2017 btw.
Farl

It is done via the Multi function Display and the steering wheel controls.

The system is based on the ABS system and not the tyre pressures per se.

So anything that makes the ABS system think that the diameter of the wheel+tyre has changed e.g. puncture will cause the warning light to come on.

Mine does it on the same stretch of motorway most times. I think that it must be a pot hole or similar in the road.

Having said that, I do always stop to check just in case.

Interesting you mention that Alan. Due to the road camber, the left side tyre tracks on a road are usually more loaded and over time, if not maintained, can develop fine corrugations, which at speed can send incorrect signals to the ABS system ... which can throw up a fault. Hot days and melting tar can aggravate this issue.

Farley, as Alan says, on the t6 is is in the MFD (Multi-function Display). through which you can do it.

Frustrating that the manual tells me something that is so wrong! Ha! I’ll look again. Thanks!

Frustrating that the manual tells me something that is so wrong! Ha! I’ll look again. Thanks!
Yes there are many such errors in the documentation provided by VW.

This forum is very useful as a search tool to find the right answers.

Check this out for where to set the tyre pressures via the MFD

Back