Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Pressure Sensor Works!

CaliforniaDAN

CaliforniaDAN

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Whilst driving home last night the display on the dash lit up and my first thought it was the DPF warning! I have never has the sensor activate even when I had to pump up the tyres on my monthly vehicle checks.
After getting home and checking my manual i was relieved for it to be the Tyre Pressure Sensor. A walk around the Cali I could see nothing apparent. I went to my local Sainsbury's petrol station this morning to see which tyre is causing this, no gauge on the tyre machine (yesterday some driver left the garage with it still attached to the tyre valve ripping it off!. By good fortune my Cali is being serviced today and asking them to view they find a bolt through the tyre. A replacement tyre brand name of Federal has been suggested at cost of £123, oh the joys of motoring! :headbang

Good to hear the sensors working as it was an option I wasn't sure about at first. Do you know at what psi the sensor alarm roughly kicked in. Also on another related topic, does the info on the door state 45psi on front and 39psi on rear under normal load ? I am still baffled by this on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Calimark said:
Good to hear the sensors working as it was an option I wasn't sure about at first. Do you know at what psi the sensor alarm roughly kicked in. Also on another related topic, does the info on the door state 45psi on front and 39psi on rear under normal load ? I am still baffled by this on mine.

The sensor only picks up that at least one tyre has deflated from the pressure you set when you press the button on the dash, and the display does not tell you which tyre (maybe VW should look to improve this on the new California when it is produced). The light in the dash activated when i switched on the ignition no doubt the tyre having deflated whilst parked. Alas I have no idea what drop in the psi was when the sensor activated.

I have a Cali 180 on standard tyres and alloys and i set tyre pressures when not loaded to the marker showing 3 people and when loaded for a trip with the marker showing many people. I had my cali serviced today, so in the morning i will see what they have set them to as a reference.

Hi

I walked around my van and the dealers have put in 45psi all round.

As I am getting my tyre replaced tuesday I will confirm what the dealers recommend.

why not use your spare and get a cheaper tyre as a spare

HY09UMU said:
why not use your spare and get a cheaper tyre as a spare

Tyre is on order and will ask dealer to swap the so far little used tyre on the spare onto the alloy with the puncture, swap the spare onto the other alloy on rear and then place the part used on the spare to ensure even tyre wear on rear axle.

I was surprised that rust was beginning to show on the spare so will look to clean it up a bit and respray then think of getting a bag to cover it when back on its cradle.

Back