Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre wear

Or it's a LHD, and he lives in Milton Keynes...

:Grin
Could well be although, I worked there for 5 years and , despite engaging “twat” mode on my way home each night, I couldn’t say for sure the roundabouts caused any lopsided wear?

Could well be although, I worked there for 5 years and , despite engaging “twat” mode on my way home each night, I couldn’t say for sure the roundabouts caused any lopsided wear?
Damn, another fine urban myth exploded then.

I can confirm one of the roundabout complexes caused the flywheel to fall off an all together too tired A series lump! Not sure it affected tyre wear?

Roundabouts! NSF =outer edge / OSF equals inner edge..

Tracked about 4x.... Bognor did it the last time. May consider adjustable top mounts

IMG_20221227_110230.jpg

Not sure if relevant for VW vans and I'm no expert on vehicle geometry stuff but reads like vehicle may be crabbing. Did you have a full 4-wheel alignment check done?

Bridgestone A005 in the 255/45 18 format.

Not sure if relevant for VW vans and I'm no expert on vehicle geometry stuff but reads like vehicle may be crabbing. Did you have a full 4-wheel alignment check done?
Yep 4 or maybe 5x. Bognor did the last one. Probably have the read out somewhere

If you go on the VW T6 forum it's quite an average lifespan on the 18s and pretty good for 20s. 12-14k miles is exceptional and usually on a summer tyre

If you go on the VW T6 forum it's quite an average lifespan on the 18s and pretty good for 20s. 12-14k miles is exceptional and usually on a summer tyre
There’s a between a worn out tyre and one that’s worn unevenly!

A few posts on the T6 site about increasing tyre pressure due to the wear issue on the edges......and on here. 45psi may be too low

Bridgestone A005 in the 255/45 18 format.
The wider 255 tyre will suffer from edge wear more than the lowest 215 width due to Camber & Caster angles having more effect when turning.
275 width will be even more noticeable.

Swapped tyres around today and had a good examination of the tyres

Inside edge of the front as the photo, however this time around the NSF is pretty good across the tyre (although tyres have less mileage). Tyres about 3mm to 3.5mm so near end of life.

Rear - Very, very, very slight inner wear on the inner edge - OSR. NSR fine. The rears are Cross Cilmates and have been on the back for around 9k (Now on the front)

Looking for a set of summer tyres and rims (to accept the all season tyres)

In the meantime I'll check the OSF ball joint for play and look at an slight adjustment to toe in a little more.