Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Uk version of Cali 180 DSG gear shifter bezel

Scapa

Scapa

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Just a little observation

While driving a California 180 DSG this weekend I noticed that the gear position letters on the Gear shifter (P, R, N, D, S) were on the passenger side of the gear stick and not on the normal drivers side. I suppose I noticed as it was my first time using it and I was conscious my hand blocked my vision of the lettering which I was double checking I had put in drive or reverse etc. I'm assuming its because the UK California's (RHD) are adapted from the European LHD versions but this part isn't. I know it's not likely to be an issue as after a couple of times using it you will probably never look down at the shifter again to know as it will become second nature, just wondered why they hadn't bothered to adapt this little matter for UK market

I would add they do have the gear position lettering on the drivers side on VW car DSG shifters. I assume the higher sales volume makes it worth their while.

None of the parts are changed from the LHD - check out the heater controls and the buttons on the dash, like the parking sensor button.

All are geared (pardon the pun) towards LHD, even my Kenwood Sat Nav is

James

Back