Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ukatex Seat Covers

Radio-active

Radio-active

Mike
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Received my £188 Ukatex washable seat covers, good fit....the Cali is now dog proof...;)

DSC_3235.jpg
_20170606_204333.JPG

How long did it take for your order to arrive

Good to see they appear to be Side Airbag Compliant.
Just make sure you fit the front seat covers to the correct seat side.:thumb

Could you tell me how they are wearing and where did you purchase? I can only find the german site that I cant understand :( They look good value for money !

Could you tell me how they are wearing and where did you purchase? I can only find the german site that I cant understand :( They look good value for money !
I had to use the German site....via google translate which worked well.
I think they are good value for money, they show no signs of wear, I found them good quality, I haven't washed them yet.

I just bought the rear bench cover, while the fit was fantastic, we didn't find it practable, we have two dogs and these are not water proof.
So now selling them
20180725_144512.jpg

What make... Ukatex? I need waterproof really.. Dog aswell!!
Yes Ukatex, made from same material as automotive cloth upholstery
Don't know if they do a vinyl option

Hi all, I have recently received my Ukatex covers, but I really having hard time trying to fit bottom part of the cover on the front seats as well as on the 2nd row seats. How did you do it?!! I can't find any good spots to hook those rubber straps there...

I know this post is old, but the above question was left open, and precisely yesterday I had to go through this with the Ukatex covers we just received.
I only took pictures of the result (sorry about the low light), however I'll try to explain how I did it.

Front seats, I unscrewed two plastic Torx screws at the front of the seat base, then with my hands I worked out towards the back detaching the plastic, until it was only held by the recline knob and the lumbar knob. I don't know how to remove these. This, at least for me, was enough to fit the cover. With my hands, I pushed the end of the cover so the black elastic cord and the white elastic straps were reachable from the back. I passed the cord through the straps and made a knot. At the front there are two straps. I didn't know what to do with them, but I managed to hook one into a piece of metal of the seat base, so was in tension. The other one I left it alone, but when I pushed all the plastic around the seat back into place, the cover seemed to be pretty tight.
For the seat back, it all goes with velcro. At first I did not understand the bottom part, but then I worked out that you have to remove one side of the velcro, so it can be attached to the soft material that comes from the other end. Hope I'm explaining myself!

Armrests, with my hands I removed the plastic cup, so I could at least cover the top end of the cover.

Bench, The bench back it all goes with velcro too, so this is pretty obvious. With regards to the seat, I did move the bench forward, so I had access to the rear. I removed the case where the jack lift goes. Then, and I think this was very useful, I attached two strings to both ends of the black elastic cord. This allowed me to pass the cord through the various white straps, and then make a knot using both ends. Once the knot was done, I removed the helper strings. Finally, to give the straps more tension, I open the drawer under the seat, and used four of the hooks that come with the seat covers to tighten the black elastic cord. There are places where you can hook under there.

If something is not clear, let me know, and I can try to explain better, or take a picture.

IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG

We have just put Ukatex covers on too as didn't like the standard blue ones for this MY. Reading @fili villanueva post pretty much did the same to attach them after trial and error. Think I may need to tighten the elastic again under the bench seat at some point as didn't want to pull too tight and snap anything. Really like them but only just fitted so can't comment on durability yet but they feel great, some creases still need to drop out.

fred.jpg

fred-1.jpg

What a coincidence! They look good, and I like your party lights!
With regards to durability, this is my third set. First was a Cali T4, which my ex kept, and the seat covers were fine. Then I bought a second Cali T4, and had Ukatex seat covers for almost nine years, until we sold it a month ago with the seat covers in perfect condition. I hope these, which seem to me use the same fabric as the previous ones, last as long.