Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unbelievable escape!!!

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
We spent the weekend at Three Cliffs Bay campsite, I'm sure many here have been so you'll no doubt be familliar with the layout of the site.

We were pitched in the flat(ish) field just back from the edge overlooking the bay.
Looking out to sea, to the right, is the tent field. It's pretty steep, almost unusable as a camping field in my opinion.

I was standing between two large motor homes, with my morning coffee admiring the view when I heard screams and shouting coming from the tent field.

Interested to see what the fuss was about I walked forward to look around the motor home to my right.
Imagine my shock when I was almost run down by a run away car!!! I was even more shocked to see a toddler in the passanger seat screaming it's lungs out!

At this point the car was travelling approx 35-40 mph and heading straight for the edge!

Thankfully along the cliff edge is a line of large boulders. Luckilly the car hit one head on sending it head over heels over the edge.

The car came to rest about ten meters below the edge in the gorse and bracken, roof caved in and most of the front glass missing.
Unbelievably the toddler was sitting in the bracken in a pile of brocken glass.

I ran down and got to the little girl, who, to my amazement appeared un hurt!

How the car managed to travel almost the entire length of the tent field missing several tents/people and then between two vans remains a mystery?

Needless to say we were soon joined by all of the emergency services and lifting gear to extract the car.

The little girl was taken to hospital for checks. all was fine.

A miracle to say the least.

So, make sure that hand brake is on and the vehicle in gear!

S.

My god that's scary :shocked :shocked just glad everybody is ok :thumb

Very lucky indeed, could have been a whole lot worse.

YIKES! I know that bit of coast very well. Lovely but sometimes scary!

Another case of a Journalist getting the story wrong.......what are they like........