Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under bench draw stuck.

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The draw is not releasing one the right catch, I can just a see through the gap and the catch is moving but not far enough.
I've tried to push it down with the back of a knife but no go :(
1 sodding day out of warranty as well.

The draw is not releasing one the right catch, I can just a see through the gap and the catch is moving but not far enough.
I've tried to push it down with the back of a knife but no go :(
1 sodding day out of warranty as well.
This is the Parts Diagram for the Seat.
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../067/subcategory/67030/part_id/3707989/lang/e

2 Suggestions.

1. Pull the seat forward. From the Rear of the seat, after removing the Tool Box, I think there is a Gap between the rear of the draw and the seat base and you might be able to push a rod through, even maybe a hand with screwdriver to release the catch.

2. The Front trim on the drawer can be removed, I think, by pulling out the plastic trim plugs on the bottom lip and lifting out and up to unhook from the top drawer lip, exposing the draw leaver mechanism.

Hope this helps and do let us know how you get on.

All sorted, managed to get enough finger tips and pressure the draw so the catch cleared the location peg.
The catch on that side does go down as far as the other side, when you lift the black lever to its full amount the right side still moves downwards when push with my hand, like the long sprung back has softened!
Fix was removing the peg/bolt so it only catches on one side now, you wouldn't know, draw is rock sold.

IMG_1093.JPG

This is the Parts Diagram for the Seat.
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../067/subcategory/67030/part_id/3707989/lang/e

2 Suggestions.

1. Pull the seat forward. From the Rear of the seat, after removing the Tool Box, I think there is a Gap between the rear of the draw and the seat base and you might be able to push a rod through, even maybe a hand with screwdriver to release the catch.

2. The Front trim on the drawer can be removed, I think, by pulling out the plastic trim plugs on the bottom lip and lifting out and up to unhook from the top drawer lip, exposing the draw leaver mechanism.

Hope this helps and do let us know how you get on.
Many thanks for the speedy help.
We're at a festival and all the wife's important stuff is in the draw so we were panicking a bit.