Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unlocking holidays

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Remember, Borris's road map is for England only. Wales & Scotland will be different because they can.
Yes indeed. I'll be watching Nicola this afternoon as we have particular interests in the Scottish travel dimension. Although it looks quite like the wily one won't be announcing any actual dates, only a set of steps.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Yes indeed. I'll be watching Nicola this afternoon as we have particular interests in the Scottish travel dimension. Although it looks quite like the wily one won't be announcing any actual dates, only a set of steps.
And she's got the Poll in May. I can see her being much slower in opening up travel for those " Dirty Sassernachs" South of the border, just because she can.
Likewise in Wales.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Having seen so much in the media about the damage that lockdown has done to children's education, i’m a little surprised that schools will be out on a 2 week holiday just weeks after returning.

Tongue in cheek comment but have just put my hard hat on anyway :)

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Having seen so much in the media about the damage that lockdown has done to children's education, i’m a little surprised that schools will be out on a 2 week holiday just weeks after returning.

Our primary school kids break up on Friday 26 March for 2 weeks. So back to "normal" school for 3 weeks then off again.

As no overnight stays will be permitted then the Cali will be clocking up some miles on day trips. Not sitting at home with the kids for 2 weeks. The usual honey pots will be chaos, especially if the weather is good.

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
And she's got the Poll in May. I can see her being much slower in opening up travel for those " Dirty Sassernachs" South of the border, just because she can.
Likewise in Wales.
Technically "Sassenachs" include Scots who live South of the Scottish Highlands, ie the Lowland inhabitants.

Living in Wales you will understand that type of differentiation.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150

My boys only missed a few weeks of school at the beginning of lockdown #1. This lockdown they have been in classes of about 15 pupils with a teacher and 2 or 3 teaching assistants - apart from when an adult in the class has had Covid and they’ve been sent home for ten days.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Technically "Sassenachs" include Scots who live South of the Scottish Highlands, ie the Lowland inhabitants.

Living in Wales you will understand that type of differentiation.
And I'm sure the wee one does as well. :thumb

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Bonus.
Schools back on the 19th for us.
You'll find us in a layby somewhere on the 15th April, Thetford full to over flowing and 3 stinking bodies who haven't showered for days...
:pinkbanana

J

Jandy61

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Lots of double yellow lines being painted up in the Lake District national park, and I wouldn’t be surprised if certain car parks ban campers over night, it was utter chaos from the 4 th July last year

Billylou

Billylou

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
We're diving straight into the deep end, Mrs Billylou is currently booking ANEK to Greece in August. Might need a minor miracle for it to happen but we can get 100% refund up to -22 days of departure. It feels good to have something to aim for, I'm excited for the first time in months so hopefully none of you will bring me down. Well not today please, let me enjoy the feeling and tomorrow you can set off the hounds. ;)