Unlocking holidays

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Holiday lets with no shared facilities open no earlier than 12 April. I assume this means campsites can open but not the sanitary block.

International holidays allowed no earlier than 17 May. Of course the holiday destination must be open too!

I’m guessing that campsite sanitary blocks may open at this stage too, so a summer half term camping holiday in the UK or overseas might be possible.

12th April I suppose is to stop most normal people going away for Easter. Of course if your rug rats are at private school, they tend to go back a week later so an opportunity for a cheeky week away.

12th April I suppose is to stop most normal people going away for Easter. Of course if your rug rats are at private school, they tend to go back a week later so an opportunity for a cheeky week away.
It may look that way, but it all seems to be based on five weeks between each stage of the unlock to allow the data to show if the previous unlock has been done without infections rising.

The “stay at home order” ends on 29 March. Does this mean that second homes can be visited over Easter?

Yes but you can't stay there overnight (see para 106 of the roadmap doc).

"Domestic overnight stays (household only)" come in at Step 2, ie from 12 April.

So if my Cali has a shower (outside brrr) and we have a Thetford with tent do you think I can go camping for the First May bank holiday (pitch carried over from last year) :Nailbiting

"International holidays allowed no earlier than 17 May."

We can all rush off to France and get gassed in overnight stopovers.
Of course International travel has a whole lot of dependencies not under UK control.

Caravan & Motorhome Club website was operating a queuing system earlier, it now appears to have had a meltdown with a lot of members bookings appearing to have been wiped from the system.

I had 8 separate bookings for odd weekends up till xmas, I've currently got none shown.

As most of their sites were already showing as full for most of the summer it will be chaos if everyone has to re-book.

Caravan & Motorhome Club website was operating a queuing system earlier, it now appears to have had a meltdown with a lot of members bookings appearing to have been wiped from the system.

I had 8 separate bookings for odd weekends up till xmas, I've currently got none shown.

As most of their sites were already showing as full for most of the summer it will be chaos if everyone has to re-book.
Thanks Andy. Need to check mine.

I found that mine were not showing but then appeared when I exited the site and checked again. Website was very slow though.

I think most state schools go back on 19 April, so a week away is possible.

Not for Herts & Beds all back on the 12th.

You are very lucky with 19 April. Here in Hertfordshire the kids go back on Monday 12th, which I assume the vast majority of schools will also do, hence why Boris chose the 12th.

We also get 1 extra day breaking up on Thursday not Friday.

You are very lucky with 19 April. Here in Hertfordshire the kids go back on Monday 12th, which I assume the vast majority of schools will also do, hence why Boris chose the 12th.

Hampshire schools finish on Thursday 1st April and go back on Monday 19th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hampshire schools finish on Thursday 1st April and go back on Monday 19th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll need to speak to Boris and the fun police and get the date pushed back a week.

Holiday lets with no shared facilities open no earlier than 12 April. I assume this means campsites can open but not the sanitary block.

International holidays allowed no earlier than 17 May. Of course the holiday destination must be open too!

I’m guessing that campsite sanitary blocks may open at this stage too, so a summer half term camping holiday in the UK or overseas might be possible.
Remember, Borris's road map is for England only. Wales & Scotland will be different because they can.

Remember, Borris's road map is for England only. Wales & Scotland will be different because they can.
Yes indeed. I'll be watching Nicola this afternoon as we have particular interests in the Scottish travel dimension. Although it looks quite like the wily one won't be announcing any actual dates, only a set of steps.

Yes indeed. I'll be watching Nicola this afternoon as we have particular interests in the Scottish travel dimension. Although it looks quite like the wily one won't be announcing any actual dates, only a set of steps.
And she's got the Poll in May. I can see her being much slower in opening up travel for those " Dirty Sassernachs" South of the border, just because she can.
Likewise in Wales.

Having seen so much in the media about the damage that lockdown has done to children's education, i’m a little surprised that schools will be out on a 2 week holiday just weeks after returning.

Tongue in cheek comment but have just put my hard hat on anyway :)

i’m a little surprised that schools will be out on a 2 week holiday just weeks after returning.
Commented on as being a break which will allow the effects of the initial return to school to be monitored.

Having seen so much in the media about the damage that lockdown has done to children's education, i’m a little surprised that schools will be out on a 2 week holiday just weeks after returning.

Tongue in cheek comment but have just put my hard hat on anyway :)
Our primary school kids break up on Friday 26 March for 2 weeks. So back to "normal" school for 3 weeks then off again.

As no overnight stays will be permitted then the Cali will be clocking up some miles on day trips. Not sitting at home with the kids for 2 weeks. The usual honey pots will be chaos, especially if the weather is good.

Back