Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unwanted wasteful lights

S

Sallyf

VIP Member
We just spent a lovely weekend away with our new to us 2012 Cali in deepest Herefordshire. While sitting outside with the sliding door open we noticed that the floor level light beside the sliding door was on as were the twin lights above the computer screen. We could not find a way of turning them off apart from closing the doors. No hook up so battery power wasted. Any solutions welcome.

You can switch them off using the switch by the interior mirror :thumb

I would suggest switching of interior (cab) lights whenever camping. Doesn't take nuch to flatten main battery.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Is there a way of switching off the footwell lights or reducing how long they stay on for, every time a door is opened? I worry that they'll drain the vehicle battery as they stay on for about 5 mins before going off. We switch off the 2 small lamps on the switch by the rear view mirror when we're away camping, so that they don't come on.

Big Bloke said:
Is there a way of switching off the footwell lights or reducing how long they stay on for, every time a door is opened? I worry that they'll drain the vehicle battery as they stay on for about 5 mins before going off. We switch off the 2 small lamps on the switch by the rear view mirror when we're away camping, so that they don't come on.

Just checked on my cali, & as I thought, the step lights go off when you switch the interior cab lights off. ie no longer come on when door opened.

Thanks Andy........just been out to our Beach, if I switch off our interior lights (so they don't come on when a door is opened).On ours the footwell lights still come on :crazy They go off after a few minutes or if the key is put in the ignition, unless I'm missing something I can't seem to disable the footwell lighting.
The only issue I have with it is when we're parked up for a few days camping, every time a door is opened, all the footwell lights come on again, which may have an effect on the battery. We've had 2 x 2 night trips away in it since owning it, with no problems with the battery. However over a longer stay in one place, I'm a little worried that we could end up with a flat vehicle battery.

Big Bloke said:
Thanks Andy........just been out to our Beach, if I switch off our interior lights (so they don't come on when a door is opened).On ours the footwell lights still come on :crazy They go off after a few minutes or if the key is put in the ignition, unless I'm missing something I can't seem to disable the footwell lighting.
The only issue I have with it is when we're parked up for a few days camping, every time a door is opened, all the footwell lights come on again, which may have an effect on the battery. We've had 2 x 2 night trips away in it since oning it, with no problems with the battery. However over a longer stay in one place, I'm a little worried that we could end up with a flat vehicle battery.

OK yours is a beach, I have an SE. So we have found another difference !!
Sorry can't be of more help.