Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cab lights on with sliding door

billyhedge

billyhedge

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
When I’m camped up with the sliding door open, is there a way of turning off the twin cab lights? I don’t need them on and they’re a drain on the battery. 2012 T5.1.
Thanks.

Switching them off might help , try the button on the roof console...

below control unit in roof, 3 position switch on, off, on all the time.
might sound a silly question but it is in the instruction manual

Yes, that what I do with my lights.

The only light I can't switched off is the small light in the boot. There are different posts about this somewhere. I think this is annoying. Some people say it switches off after 15 minutes, but mine doesn't.

Regards,
Eberhard

The only light I can't switched off is the small light in the boot. There are different posts about this somewhere. I think this is annoying. Some people say it switches off after 15 minutes, but mine doesn't.

Regards,
Eberhard
Just take the bulb out :thumb

Regards,
Eberhard
How did you check that it didn't?

Regards,
Eberhard

Pulled the bulb on mine as T6 has other switchable light in the tailgate.

Mike

Good evening,

As long as a door is open the little light in the boot stays on. During camping it is more than likely that a door (or at least the tailgate) is open for hours on end. Why the light either won't go off or why there isn't a switch is beyond me.

On one side the VW designer have great ideas on the other side they fail. For example why is the handle for the drawer under the seat on the far side? When you outside of the van you have to reach inside to open the door - isn't this a wee bit annoying?

I don't believe that the little light will use a lot of electricity and sometimes it actually helps and because of this I leave the bulb in the light - for the moment :mad:.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good evening,

As long as a door is open the little light in the boot stays on. During camping it is more than likely that a door (or at least the tailgate) is open for hours on end. Why the light either won't go off or why there isn't a switch is beyond me.

On one side the VW designer have great ideas on the other side they fail. For example why is the handle for the drawer under the seat on the far side? When you outside of the van you have to reach inside to open the door - isn't this a wee bit annoying?

I don't believe that the little light will use a lot of electricity and sometimes it actually helps and because of this I leave the bulb in the light - for the moment :mad:.

Regards,
Eberhard
Must have changed on the T6 or a fault. Mine goes off after 10 minutes even if the tailgate is left open.

The boot light is connected to the engine battery and subsequent electronic system.
If the boot is opened and nothing in the cab of the van touched it will go off after 10 mins. If you enable the radio and (I think) open any of the two front doors, mess with lights etc it will come back on.
Traits and a partial wiring loom of the transporter me thinks :mute

Back