Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 oceon seat swivel

Brianc26

Brianc26

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We have an ocean with the height adjustable seats and we are looking for recommendations for seat swivel plates to fit both the front seats. If anyone has fitted some to allow the fixed seats to turn thanks

How did you end up with non swivelling seats?

:) Got the comfort seats so they are height adjustable and I'll retro fit swivels. Best of both worlds

Please go to the Swivelgate thread, we don't need another.

Mods - could you lock this one please?

Hi I've been there and no real answer on what ones to buy

Sorry to see we have another person with non swivelling seats, surely dealers should give buyers a warning about this option

Sorry to see we have another person with non swivelling seats, surely dealers should give buyers a warning about this option
I am actually delighted it's got the height adjustable comfort seats. It allows me to adjust the height and have nicer seats to sit on.

Try the T6 forum.com or you could look at Kiravans.co.uk :thumb
I recently fitted RIB swivel plates to both driver and passenger sides as we had a good deal on a showroom T6 with "swivelgate seats". I did a lot of forum reading about this issue first and then purchased plates from Kiravans and both with spacer bars to lift them - to get above the handbrake on the driver side - and the battery on the passenger side. The driver side one was fairly easy to fit if you have the right tools as the wiring harness is long enough to allow for rotation - if you unclip the connector at the front of the seat. The passenger side was more difficult and required extending the wiring harness for the airbags and the seat controls/heating - 9 cables in all - and not for the faint hearted I think - as three of the lines remained live with no key in the ignition - and you need to use appropriate cable sizes to ensure they can take the loads. Its possible to identify the relevant fuses using the fuse list on this forum - and the ocean has many fuses. Others have advised not to turn on the ignition whilst doing the install or the airbag warning light will trigger and you would need to have it reset. Both plates came with a test certificate and they are pretty solid. I bought an "offset" one for the passenger side so it moves it slightly more centrally in relation to the sink/cupboard. I think that you can get some firms to fit these for you if needed. So not trivial but possible and worth doing.

There is a difference between buying comfort seats and only finding out afterwards that they will not swivel and buying comfort seats with eyes wide open and intent to modify afterwards.

Good solutions found could and discussed could benefit a lot who got caught up in swivelgate :thumb

Reactions: MGC
Problem solved!!!

I too purchased a (second hand) 2016 T6 Ocean 204 with Comfort Leather seats, and believe me, when they say comfort they mean it, they are lush! Heated with electric lumbar support and height adjustable too.

The challenge was more emotional than physical, did I really want to begin removing the seats of the most expensive one off purchase I'd ever made?? So after a week of research, ordering and courage building, I took the plunge and made the modification.

With the youtube videos from Kiravans.co.uk and a pair of T6 rotating bases and a set of raising shims, I now have the best of both worlds and am the proud owner of some rotating leather comfort seats!

If it'll help I'll write a post with full steps and pics for people to follow as there seems to be a lot of people in the same position....that is to say "comfortable but only facing forward" ;)

Cheers all, Matt

Seats removed.jpg

Seats forward.jpg

Seats backward.jpg

Problem solved!!!

I too purchased a (second hand) 2016 T6 Ocean 204 with Comfort Leather seats, and believe me, when they say comfort they mean it, they are lush! Heated with electric lumbar support and height adjustable too.

The challenge was more emotional than physical, did I really want to begin removing the seats of the most expensive one off purchase I'd ever made?? So after a week of research, ordering and courage building, I took the plunge and made the modification.

With the youtube videos from Kiravans.co.uk and a pair of T6 rotating bases and a set of raising shims, I now have the best of both worlds and am the proud owner of some rotating leather comfort seats!

If it'll help I'll write a post with full steps and pics for people to follow as there seems to be a lot of people in the same position....that is to say "comfortable but only facing forward" ;)

Cheers all, Matt

View attachment 78190

View attachment 78191

View attachment 78192
Such a Post describing how you did it might be very helpful for the Forum Community.

Reactions: MGC