Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade for better nights

Habokjes

Habokjes

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just ordered a Roof bed installation with squERGO disc springs as mattress base, to replace the factory spring wood slats. We came to the conclusion the wood slats are not providing the comfort expected even with a better mattress. There are some options for different sleeping positions and it has room for a 6 cm high mattress. Maybe it's possible to install it this weekend already, all depending on the international shipping. :cool:

1725902400056.png

That should be quite an upgrade to comfort, especially if two people are sharing the bed. Happy for you. Please do keep us posted on your experience!

Just ordered a Roof bed installation with squERGO disc springs as mattress base, to replace the factory spring wood slats. We came to the conclusion the wood slats are not providing the comfort expected even with a better mattress. There are some options for different sleeping positions and it has room for a 6 cm high mattress. Maybe it's possible to install it this weekend already, all depending on the international shipping. :cool:

View attachment 128833
Interesting solution! Where did you order this? Thanks in advance for the info

Interesting solution! Where did you order this? Thanks in advance for the info
Hi, you can order the wanted configuration thru their website and they ship within 4 days I believe. They have a lot of knowledge and love for the product. Had some questions and they replied back quickly and in a very pleasant way. Squergo.de

Hi, you can order the wanted configuration thru their website and they ship within 4 days I believe. They have a lot of knowledge and love for the product. Had some questions and they replied back quickly and in a very pleasant way. Squergo.de
Thanks a lot, found their website!

Today the materials came in, considering it has to come from Germany that was really quick....ordered it Monday and was delivered Friday morning. Al with all it took me 1,5 hours from opening the box to being ready. Very good documentation and the hardest part is removing the old wooden lattice rost.The bars with the shuttles are numbered and everything is straight forward. So some elbow grease for the dismantling and the pop nails. Laid down for a little while but I can already tell, this makes a great difference indeed. Maybe tomorrow I have a change to go away and have a good night to test :)

IMG_1309.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1316.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

I’m using two Thermo test self inflating sleep mats next to one another under the existing mattress.works well for me. Cheaper solution and you can use the mats for other purposes. They are thin enough not to cause on roof locking issues. Although not entirely self inflating they only require a few blows to inflate and deflate easily by opening the valve

Today the materials came in, considering it has to come from Germany that was really quick....ordered it Monday and was delivered Friday morning. Al with all it took me 1,5 hours from opening the box to being ready. Very good documentation and the hardest part is removing the old wooden lattice rost.The bars with the shuttles are numbered and everything is straight forward. So some elbow grease for the dismantling and the pop nails. Laid down for a little while but I can already tell, this makes a great difference indeed. Maybe tomorrow I have a change to go away and have a good night to test :)

View attachment 128939

View attachment 128940

View attachment 128941

View attachment 128942

View attachment 128943

View attachment 128944
We have the same, it is a huge improvement!

Had a great first night with the upgraded top sleeper bed and must say that it was worth the effort. Much better and more comfortable then before the upgrade and feels as more solid and supporting. We opted for the side-sleeper setup which provides a even more sturdy solution. So very happy.

I’m using two Thermo test self inflating sleep mats next to one another under the existing mattress.works well for me. Cheaper solution and you can use the mats for other purposes. They are thin enough not to cause on roof locking issues. Although not entirely self inflating they only require a few blows to inflate and deflate easily by opening the valve
I also stuck two self inflating mats under mattress and seemed better but still in early days of experimenting as only slept 6 nights in van so far

Back