Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress for the top

We've found the upstairs bed very comfortable in both our former T5 & present T6 Calis; in fact we ended up replacing our bed at home as it was more comfortable sleeping in the van. We are not young, but we are not heavy - maybe that helps?

We are looking at getting a Duvalay comfort mattress they shape it to your vans bed ( Offering Black Friday deals soon!)
I got a duvalay shaped for bottom but now pop it upstairs slightly small but you dont notice it so dual purpose if needed. Rolls up onto back shelf when not in use or travelling.

Sea to Summit…
I’m not sure I get the hype. Yes it might be comfortable. But you need to inflate and deflate after every use.
Greater comfort, takes up less room when down so easier to move and store and only takes a few minutes to inflate and deflate with an electric or battery powered pump. I even use the sea to summit inflatable pillows for the same reason (which only take a couple of seconds to inflate).

I’ve decided to remove the comfort mattress.
As I always have the rear rack in the top position. The mattress doesn’t lay flat.
I’ve purchased the Duvalay (this wouldn’t be enough on its own) and will use my Zonesleeper over the top.

574C0F01-4ED4-4723-B593-9A1491259283.jpeg

I feel this is the Achilles Heel downstairs.
The wire shelf.
Next time I sleep downstairs, I might try feet at the tailgate , like I used to in the Beach…

2FEFC470-953D-4401-B90C-0AE82BBB83A2.jpeg

They don’t seem to have included “our” topper in the deal!
That is a shame we have been so so lucky a friend of mine had a Zonesleep topper for her T6 and having sold the van has given it yes I did say given it to us. So now we have a new screen cover , mattress topper, just ordered a rug along with all the other bits from our old van all we need is the van to put them in

Duvalay advertisement showing 15% discount on Toppers … Jan1 - 11th.

We are still looking at mattress options. Tried using the Outdoor Revolution self inflating Rock N Roll 120 mattress up top, on top of the standard VW mattress, and it was certainly more comfortable, but a bit ‘high’ and awkward to deflate in the morning when moving the van. We bought a mini max pump (with special adaptor) from the club shop and this helps a bit when deflating (and pumping up slightly firmer). Using the OR mattress downstairs is certainly the best thing we’ve found so far downstairs - using it with the VW comfort mattress under it (should try it without, to save packing space).

Just wondered if anyone has made any new discoveries over the summer? Pack-away size and convenience is paramount for us, as well as padding for creaking joints!

Back