Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade Rear Heater Controls

hewittd

hewittd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Has anyone upgraded the rear heater controls from the crappy dials on the dashxboard to the nicer digital ones (with timer etc) up in the roof console? I checked and there's a Webasto Thermo Top C fitted.

From this (7H0919158) :

caravelle_2008_v%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDrmereglage.jpg

to this (7E5919037) :
$_57.JPG

Or did I misunderstand and they are for different systems anyway...?

Thanks!

David,

Has anyone upgraded the rear heater controls from the crappy dials on the dashxboard to the nicer digital ones (with timer etc) up in the roof console? I checked and there's a Webasto Thermo Top C fitted.

From this (7H0919158) :

caravelle_2008_v%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDrmereglage.jpg

to this (7E5919037) :
$_57.JPG

Or did I misunderstand and they are for different systems anyway...?

Thanks!

David,
I think you will find they are for different systems. The Webasto you have fitted is for heating the engine coolant when the ambient temperature is 5c or less. It is automatic in function and warms the engine quicker to aid emissions control and fuel economy.

The grey panel you show is, I believe, the Control Panel fitted in a Beach that has the Auxiliary Parking Heater fitted. An Eberspacher Diesel air heater for the passenger compartment.

However, the Webasto heater can be upgraded to allow manual/timed control to heat the interior without the engine running.
See here. http://www.electritech.co.uk/store/114-Volkswagen-T5-Auxiliary-Heater-Parking-upgrade-kit.html

Back