Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrading a t6 for the new rear seat position and upstairs bed on the 6.1

Marc Oldman

Marc Oldman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I like the look of the square plastic ‘springs’ in the upstairs bed of the 6.1 vs the wooden slats in my T6. And also, the new ‘lounging’ rear seat position where you can angle the rear most section up to sit with your feet up.

Does anyone know if there’re aftermarket mods for the T6 for these items, and/or if they’d be a straightforward swap?

The springs are called froli spring and I believe you can buy a mat but not sure they would work upstairs
You would need to remove it to put down the roof failing that I doubt very much you can retrofit them.
We had them in our Westfalia columbus they are really comfortable

I was looking for the adjustable rear seat to

I like the look of the square plastic ‘springs’ in the upstairs bed of the 6.1 vs the wooden slats in my T6. And also, the new ‘lounging’ rear seat position where you can angle the rear most section up to sit with your feet up.

Does anyone know if there’re aftermarket mods for the T6 for these items, and/or if they’d be a straightforward swap?
Hi Marc

have a look at this post

Last edited:
I was looking for the adjustable rear seat to
I think you could make the new board fit with a bit of ingenuity but the fixings are totally different & I think the trim panels would look a mess where the old fixings were. I think your biggest problem will be finding the parts. The board itself is simple enough it’s the bed support/ brackets that will be hard to get.
If you do get it all to fit I think that the supports will cover the boot light as that has moved in the T6.1

Back