Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Relaxing on the rear seats

CaliKatt

CaliKatt

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

New member here and first post. We are looking to buy our first camper and are in the process of doing a lot of research.

One of the things i was wondering is about relaxing in the van. In the 6.1 model i see that the rear end behind the rear seat can be adjusted in multiple positions allowing the bed to be sort of a relax bed. In the 6 and earlier this isnt possible as far as i can see.

Is there a way (mod?) to also have a "seated up" position in the 5/6 rear seat/bed to allow for relaxing in the van? For example watching a movie while.

I have T6 Ocean. As far as I know there is no retro mod available to adjust angle of rear seat.

The rear seat back is either up or down.

You pull a cord between the seat belts to adjust the back, and it only locks in either the up or down position.

I would be tempted to go in to a VW garage and ask about the T6.1 seat adjustment to see how it is different.

Personally we have had no issue with it in the up position when inside the van.

Also do not forget that the front seat swivel and fully adjust, and we tend to sit on these when looking for a comfortable position.

Hi,

New member here and first post. We are looking to buy our first camper and are in the process of doing a lot of research.

One of the things i was wondering is about relaxing in the van. In the 6.1 model i see that the rear end behind the rear seat can be adjusted in multiple positions allowing the bed to be sort of a relax bed. In the 6 and earlier this isnt possible as far as i can see.

Is there a way (mod?) to also have a "seated up" position in the 5/6 rear seat/bed to allow for relaxing in the van? For example watching a movie while.
On my T5.1 if you move the bench seat forward 6” or so you can then pull the strap and lower the seat back into a more relaxing intermediate position.

Was also wondering if the 6.1 sollution could fit in the 6. The difference between front seat and rear seat is that you can kick your feet up after a long day :)

I guess that sollution could be to have the matras topper and place this against the back door and together with pillows create a relaxed position on the bed?

In T5 and T6 the rear seat does have two upright positions: one fully upright and one slightly inclined. For lounging in bed, I find pillows very effective. My personal favourite position is sideways, leaning against the kitchen, enjoying the view through the side windows with a coffee in hand.

Was also wondering if the 6.1 sollution could fit in the 6. The difference between front seat and rear seat is that you can kick your feet up after a long day :)

I guess that sollution could be to have the matras topper and place this against the back door and together with pillows create a relaxed position on the bed?
The mounting system for the rear deck is totally different between T6 and T6.1 there would be an extensive amount of work to do to fit the T6.1 deck.

When we had a T5.1 we just piled pillows up against the back window & leant against that.

If T6.1 is on your radar , I can advise that we use that seat-tilt-back-rest option a lot. Especially if we are watching a movie.

6.1 is most likely out of budget. And even if it was within then there is probably a 6 which offers more value for the same budget :)

Back