Upper bed comfort springs

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Anyone seen these before or have a set...?

382F3D8D-D2EE-4847-9C37-76184DDEBCFB.png

AFE82251-741B-42CA-B08E-30CC6232F018.png

8F80BFF3-42BD-4733-A1A7-0326CB03DB54.png

So you put on those springs above the slats. Then you put on the mattress. You won't be able to close the roof, unless it presses the mattress on the springs on the slats?
You'd better wait for the T6.1 to come out and then change the upper bed frame with slats for the new one with the springs. And while you are at it, the new mattress, as it seems it looks different than the "old" T5/6 one.

It adds 6cms to the height so i don't think that my roof will
close if i fit those underneath.

Yes the T6.1 got a new bedsystem in the pop-top .
But by looking close to the pics above it seems the above is a system fitted on top of the wooden slats

It would be interesting to try it out.
Compare comfort levels.

Hi, coincidentally I started a thread on the same topic a couple of days ago. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...-wooden-slats-to-froli-star.32349/post-379169
Looks like the new T6.1 bed springs are similar to Froli but lower profile and are just riveted onto thinner slats

I must have missed that post Sail.
I used to hate the upper bed, until I got better pillows and started using the child safety net to stop the pillows falling down stairs.

Its improved a lot, could do with just a tad more spring IMO.
I could be tempted by the Zonesleeper, mainly because my biggest gripe is that I sweat on the mattress...

Last edited:
I used to hate the upper bed, until I got better pillows and started using the child safety net to stop the pillows falling down stairs.
I always close the blind/hatch to keep the pillow near the upper bed.

I always close the blind/hatch to keep the pillow near the upper bed.

The net holds the pillows in place like a headboard...
Wouldn't be without it now

Last edited:
Would be without it now
I used the net in the beginning, but is not very usefull if you need to go to the loo in the middle of the night.
The net is now already 9 years collecting dust.

Wouldn't be without it now
One good tip for retaining the pillows; lay a blanket underneath the top part of your sleeping bag and then wrap the blanket over the pillows and lay the end of the blanket underneath the sleeping bag to meet the end of said blanket, thereby trapping the pillows in place. Never fails!