Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Upper Sprung Bed Comfort

C

CaliMac

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Having found 6.0 upper bed a bit too firm without a topper, I am about to embark on first 6.1 outing; does anyone have experience of the 'improvement' or will I be off to Argos for a topper after night #1?

I think it’s a lot better than our t6 but I suppose everyone is different
I wouldn’t bother with a topper.if you have a 6.1 ocean you can use the downstairs topper upstairs as it’s removable .never tried if you look up measurements before buying a topper you will be better off using the supplied one .

I think it’s a lot better than our t6 but I suppose everyone is different
I wouldn’t bother with a topper.if you have a 6.1 ocean you can use the downstairs topper upstairs as it’s removable .never tried if you look up measurements before buying a topper you will be better off using the supplied one .
OK thanks for the info, I will see how it goes without.

It's much better on the T6.1 in my opinion. The new spring design and the duvalay type mattress design makes the whole thing more comfortable. One thing I don't like with the new upper bed is the velcro strip that stopped the mattress from sliding around is gone. And guess what? The mattress now slides around! I can see this being a pain with having to check the mattress is completely level before closing the roof.

Thanks for all responses, first night was very comfy indeed....several beers may have helped slightly.

It's much better on the T6.1 in my opinion. The new spring design and the duvalay type mattress design makes the whole thing more comfortable. One thing I don't like with the new upper bed is the velcro strip that stopped the mattress from sliding around is gone. And guess what? The mattress now slides around! I can see this being a pain with having to check the mattress is completely level before closing the roof.
I'm pleased to hear it's a lot better, not many people have been able to add like for like comparisons.