Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs mattress downstairs?

We’ve got a new 6.1 ocean, 2 of us and a dog. We also sleep upstairs the majority of the time, in fact in c120 nights we’ve only slept downstairs 3 nights and 2 of those were on our first trip. I do cart around the comfort blanket, I don’t find it takes space up really because we just pack on top of it, so it’s just about the height. I keep thinking maybe I should leave it at home and bring the bed extension bit only, due to such limited uses wonder if the seat itself would be ok. (I think that but comes with the van, it’s just the topper you buy extra. But so far it’s not been necessary as we have enough space.p.s I think the upstairs bed is really comfy. We just use it as is

I keep posting about our Duvalay sleeping bags as they are so fabulous. They are expensive but in terms of massive improvement in sleep quality and easy to use upstairs or down it really has been worth every penny.

We use the 6.1 upstairs mattress down stairs on occasion; comfy and it fits just fine. Not too much of a faff either ime.

Woolroom 50 mm topper for both top or bottom is great for comfort warm in winter cool in summer large single fits perfectly
Packs neatly in bag under behind Ocean back seat

I second these. Amazing toppers.

Back