Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

USB Anti-midges!

It might be helpful to red this first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug_zapper

"These traps are not effective at killing biting insects (female mosquitoes and other insects),[6][7] being much more effective at attracting and killing other harmless and beneficial insects. A study by the University of Delaware showed that over a period of 15 summer nights, 13,789 insects were killed among six devices. Of those insects killed, only 31 were biting insects.[8] Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide and water vapor in the breath of mammals, not ultraviolet light.[7] However, there are now bug zappers that emit carbon dioxide or use an external bait, such as octenol, to better attract biting insects into the light."

All I can say is I've got one, I have it on every night on the bed headboard, and since I've had it I've never been bitten while asleep. Prior to getting it I was all too regularly bitten. Seems to catch midges mostly but it definitely catches mosquitoes too.

I’ve got one of the forum shop ones and it defiantly attracts and dispatches midges and other flying bugs, didnt check for teeth on the little critters. That used in conjunction with one of the plug in vapour type jobbies seems to do the trick.

You can get traps that give of co2 which is what they are attracted to, very effective at keeping them away.

You can get traps that give of co2 which is what they are attracted to, very effective at keeping them away.
Do you have a link for the one you’ve used please?

Great post but really, how can we take anyone seriously who drinks Farmhouse Grouse!
Bueno, bueno, bueno, no sed tan criticónes, esa foto era solo para consumo popular del foro. Los que BA432ADD-FCA4-4B23-853D-C6259A061860.jpegBA432ADD-FCA4-4B23-853D-C6259A061860.jpegDF72D54E-8BB3-4FB1-822C-FA520A8A42E3.jpegme podéis pillar en un Munro seréis invitados a un trago de otro nivel...

Last edited:
I've never used one but I have seen them in go outdoors and do know that mosquitos and midges are attracted to co2 as we breath out. The traps use a co2 creating insert to attract them to that instead of to you.

I've never used one but I have seen them in go outdoors and do know that mosquitos and midges are attracted to co2 as we breath out. The traps use a co2 creating insert to attract them to that instead of to you.
I saw a documentary that concluded that propane-powered (flame) that gives off Co2 as it burns was best at attracting mosquitoes.
We visited the Falls of Shin one year and they had some mounted on posts around the estate and I looked at one, and sack underneath it had at least a kilo of dead mossies in it.
1563871574861.png
Clears a hectare...

Just need a miniature version...

Last edited:
The ones from the shop work well imo. Gave one to my daughter who lives just outside Barcelona and was getting bady bitten at night. Problem now gone.
We just leave one on the kitchen top at night and it seems to have reduced the beasties in the roof space.

Grannyjenn, I’ve been an avid fan of your posts for years, do you think you might be able to respond to give us a little more information about a topic that has been brought up multiple times?

Back