Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

User instructions ? Bike rack T5

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Should be Simple but have no and cant find any instructions.. Do the clamps extend.. They dont seem to line up with the bikes... Dont wanna pull break the things.. Do they fasten to the top bars or seta posts?? Please advise.. Can only find installation instructions on here....My bike was at a silly angle...Oops..

Poles dont extend, use the shortest for the first the longest for the third and the separate clamp for the fourth if required. The fixing point for the bars can be slid along the rack from side to side and clamps can go anywhere i.e. frame or seat post as long as the bikes are secure. If you have a few bikes it will be a bit of trial and error until you work out the best way to get them on. I remove the pedal on the first bike to stop it fouling the rear wiper arm and turn the handle bars through 90 degrees to help them fit together.

Yes that helps.. will give it a go tomorrow ..and see how it looks again.. 2 - 18kg Electric Bikes and 1 very light road bike!

Another thing I do is use bits of 20mm pipe lagging cut about 100mm in length I put these on the wheels to stop the metal buckles on the straps from scratching the rims.

Back