Username choice

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It’s clear that some go by their own name on here. Others choose a pun on their favourite vehicle. However, the reasons behind many other choices are quite unfathomable. Is there a special reason why you chose the username that you did? Let us know, if you can.
To kick us off, when I registered all those years ago I was stuck for a name. I sat for what seemed like ages staring at my ‘acer’ computer and then somehow it just came to me. :)

The 'slammer' part is a nickname I’ve had for more years than I care to remember. It’s origin is a combination of a derivation of my surname and my (long since lapsed) ability to drink large quantities of tequila… I added the wild as my username on hiking and backpacking forums I’m a member of and thought it appropriate to carry it over on this one.

Mine totally dull. My initials. It’s been my “internet” give us a handle name since the 90’s and bulletin boards. The UK is just because the initials are usually taken by someone else, so I’ve always added the uk part on and that is never taken. But, because Square made me jealous with his vintage car pic, here is my other ride… I’m dspuk on the Series 2 forum as well :D . I didn't tell my other half I bought it either - I believe she has forgiven me…

Landy.jpg

I was given this 'nickname' when my Son started playing Rugby, as his name was shortened, and a way of knowing who was talking to who (mind you, this was from U11's, so not difficult).
Nowadays the moniker is somewhat erroneous, as he is now over 6'5", and I am not....
It has however stuck, and his mates from those days still refer to me as 'BigPritch', hence its what it is.
That coupled with the fact that the memory is not what it was, so need to have 'easy to remember' names/passwords (yes I know but ....).

Mine totally dull. My initials. It’s been my “internet” give us a handle name since the 90’s and bulletin boards. The UK is just because the initials are usually taken by someone else, so I’ve always added the uk part on and that is never taken. But, because Square made me jealous with his vintage car pic, here is my other ride… I’m dspuk on the Series 2 forum as well :D . I didn't tell my other half I bought it either - I believe she has forgiven me…

View attachment 129874
You mean, 'the bruises' have all but gone now lol....(love the pic)

Since I had to choose my first e-mailaddress back in the '90's, I came up with this one, and it stayed.

Why Commer63? My parents had a Commer van when I was a child (that’s me in the stream in the picture attached). I was born in 1963. They sold it on to a family who’s youngest son is now my husband….. so ‘The Commer’ it had to be when we bought our own Camper.
EF763530-C843-4034-B374-58D632D60B35.jpegEF763530-C843-4034-B374-58D632D60B35.jpeg

It's a combination of my first name and the opinion of my relatives who sometimes think I am a bit "noobish". My avatar has a double meaning too: it looks a liitle bit like my and I have a crush on gnomes (some time in my live a collected about 300 of them).

Many years ago I tried to register on an aviation forum as 'Chocks Away' ........ it was of course already taken ........ so in a moment of frustration I simply changed 'Away' to 'Wahay' and it stuck ever since! (although most people think I have a thing about chocolate when they see it!)

Many years ago I tried to register on an aviation forum as 'Chocks Away' ........ it was of course already taken ........ so in a moment of frustration I simply changed 'Away' to 'Wahay' and it stuck ever since! (although most people think I have a thing about chocolate when they see it!)
I’d always wondered about that one. I assumed you had just spelt it wrong :rolleyes::D.

Our first Transporter was partly converted by a company called Aztec Campers. It was our first experience of campervan adventures post having a caravan. And we loved it so the name stuck.

Back