Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using Aires in France

hi all
a few years back they did a documentary i think bbc on this very subject of gassing in motorhomes etc, eminent anaesthetists from the uk and europe were interviewed, they were at a loss what caused this supposed gassing, indeed non of them knew of a gas that administered through a vent etc would cause this problem. before i watched this programme i was concerned, but not any more, they convinced me. incidentally these experts never doubted the victims were robbed .

regards
stewie

2006,reflex silver,auto, 2.5tdi

My son and his partner were robbed whilst sleeping on an Aire close to a motorway in France some years ago. However they will admit that they were just soundly asleep, no sign of gassing. They were travelling in a Type 25 Westfalia at the time.

Rod

I am by no means the source of all gassing rumours. I was travelling in a German Camper van and can't remember whether it was by then transferred to French plates...( a bit of a Faff with French regulations and I wasn't the owner). It was never reported to the Press. The Police said the gangs use kids to crawl inside. They said they were from E Europe.Your attitude towards my truthful story Berndros is arrogant and unworthy of an open forum where the basis is honesty. I was there. I was gassed (some sort of anaesthetic). I know how I felt for hours afterwards. I have no more to say under the circumstances of my contribution not being believed. I have better things to do.
This is actually quite common, and you are right, the gangs are often composed of adults and children from Eastern Europe. Their gains often feed into a well established mafia type system. This kind of situation is particularly prevalent in summer all along the sunbelt, from the Mediterranean border with Spain to The Mediterranean border with Italy.