Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

V5 classification

splitmike

splitmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi guys and girls please could you tell me if your calls are classed as PLG or Diesel car. I know this makes a difference on the V5 and also for the speed limits we can drive at.

Thanks you

Mike

Diesel Car on mine.

Thanks Greg super fast response can I ask what the body type it is too. Hope you don't mind

The body type = motor caravan part is the important bit for speed limits, not whether the taxation class is PLG or not....

We're pre mid-2013 so PLG and motor-caravan. 70 mph on dual carriage ways is AOK.

I had a big discussion with one of Devons finest traffic officers over that before PLG is only allowed 60mph and diesel cars are allowed the full 70 he pulled for 72 but my kombi was a diesel car on the tax disk. Please be careful. Also the automatic number plate cameras might have you on that too a friend of mine has been his said PLG on the V5.

Mike

This issue used to be a horny chestnut when my 2008 Cali was new, diesel car road fund licence is graduated based on CO2 rating, PLG flat rate. Motorhomes were eligible for PLG, but VW dealers used to register them inconsistently. I had mine re-classified as PLG to save about 50% on annual tax. Not sure if this all applies to newer Calis.

Gov.uk website pretty clear - as long as vehicle is classified as a motor caravan on its V5.

Even the 4motion dsg is under 3050kg unladen....

image.jpg

Back