Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California Ocean V5 registration category

Cwtch_twt

Cwtch_twt

vwcalwales
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just received the V5 for our new California Ocean. It is registered as a diesel car with 5 seats. What does everyone else have on their V5?

Just received the V5 for our new California Ocean. It is registered as a diesel car with 5 seats. What does everyone else have on their V5?
Sounds normal to me. The maximum number of seats allowed is 5. It doesn't matter if you have 4, 3, 2 or just 1.

If you were to modify it to a Beach layout with 6 or 7 seats you would need approval and a change of V5.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

M1, Diesel Car, Seat numbers vary. 4Motion 4, 2WD 5, Beach 5 to 7.

Thank you both for your replies. Diesel car it is then!

On mine its:
Body Type: Motor Caravan
Taxation Class: Diesel Car
No Seats: 5

My V5 says 5 seats even though it only has 4 and has never had 5.

Just had V5 for the Beach......

Body Type: MPV
Tax Class: Diesel Car
Seats: 7
Vehicle Cat: M1

Thought we were going to be stung with additional Euro Tunnel costs based on a V5 category of Motor Caravan, but happy days, Large Car over 1.85m it is :thumb

Just had V5 for the Beach......

Body Type: MPV
Tax Class: Diesel Car
Seats: 7
Vehicle Cat: M1

Thought we were going to be stung with additional Euro Tunnel costs based on a V5 category of Motor Caravan, but happy days, Large Car over 1.85m it is :thumb
The way California's are described in the V5 seems to be completely random, presumably depends on the dealer filling in the registration form.

My V5 says 5 seats even though it only has 4 and has never had 5.
Anyone with a non-4Motion will have three rails on the floor which would allow them to add a 5th seat and carry an additional passenger. Their insurance would be valid in this situation.

Anyone with a non-4Motion will have three rails on the floor which would allow them to add a 5th seat and carry an additional passenger. Their insurance would be valid in this situation.
Not all non-4Motions have 3 rails. At various times including the current T6.1 the 3rd rail itself has been an option.

Back