Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean - incorrect DVLA details

B

bickie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all - luckily took delivery of our new Ocean last week, and have just got the V5 through but the details are incorrect.

We purchased a 204ps (not a 4motion) which has been confirmed by dealer and also VW chat - but the V5 seems to sugges that that it's a 150 (KW 150), they also have the number of seats incorrect, have them listed as 5 but it's only a 4 seater.

Anyone else had any issues with the registration details, we now have to get in touch with DVLA to correct.

Also makes me think did we actually get a 204, apart from VW/rolling road how else would we check ?

The 5 seats on the V5 means it has "preparation for 5th seat" this is an option that cannot be selected on the configurator & is different to the option for adding the additional rail.

When searching for a pre-registered 5 seater I was given a printout of the spec of all the vans available at the time, lots had the preparation for 5th seat listed, but only 2 had the 3rd rail fitted.

Thanks both.....good to know about the 150KW and also the 5 seats so no change required for the DVLA.

@bickie - what are they putting on the V5 against "J: vehicle Category" are they still Z1?

Hi 150KW is 201hp
The devil is in the details. The original 204 engine, after the software update is only 199 (or so VW claims). So if it is 199.999 hp (only vw would know the exact decimal accuracy ~ 149.132 kw. Round up to 150 for ease of use.

The devil is in the details. The original 204 engine, after the software update is only 199 (or so VW claims). So if it is 199.999 hp (only vw would know the exact decimal accuracy ~ 149.132 kw. Round up to 150 for ease of use.

Some have been registered as 204 and then detuned, some were 199 from the factory and been registered accordingly.

Mines a 199 and states 146kw on the V5
I would expect a 204 to show 150kw

Back