Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Value for insurance renewal...

Pyabies

Pyabies

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
We insure with Comfort and I just wanted to check our cover level. The first year we had our Cali (2010) we insured it for what we paid (£25k) then the next year realised that this was a little under value (whoops) anyway we increased value of cover from 2nd year.
My question is what value guide do Comfort follow? Has anyone been unfortunate enough to have a total loss claim to find out??
Cheers,
Helen x

Meant to say our Cali is 2006 2.5 auto SE (I think) with nearly all options included, leather, air, electrics all round, cruise, heated seats, drive assist, awning, bike rack, blackout tint etc...

Market value is normal. Just have to argue in event of write off

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I agree with Andy insurance company's are only going to give you book price.i always take lots of photo's and if the unfortunate happened I would look at simular vans for sale and argue a fair
Settlement based on the condition of My van at the time

Great, thanks guys :) so any ideas what a 2006 full spec 35k miles Cali is worth today? No pressure!

I'm no expert but I'd have thought it would near 25k now if you paid that in 2010 then you got yourself a bargain!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry to go off topic, but I wish I could get one now for £25k That must have been some bargain in 2010 :mrgreen:

As daft as it sounds we didn't realise how much of a bargain until renewing insurance a year later! It was advertised at £30k but our budget was £25k in an initial email the owner counter offered £27.5k but we genuinely had an upper limit so left it there. A few weeks later I emailed to see if still for sale, the lady called me and after a chat out of the blue she said she liked the sound us and liked that the van was coming to a family with young kids and agreed the £25k tag!! It was previously used by them to motor down to Barcelona where they had a boat but had never camped in it as such. It wasn't immaculate as such but yes a definite bargain.
I hope you have good luck as we did x

Sounds like a great find and a very kind lady selling it - it's so nice to hear a story of a truly good deed and a happy ending all round. :thumb

:) we've certainly made the most of it x and will do so for years to come! :D

Back