Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van built waiting on a delivery date

chadders

chadders

Olly
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All been a silent forum stalker long enough and joined today. Delivery of our Ocean confirmed for later this month. Big thanks to everyone contributing threads to the forums and to the patient owners who we gently cross examined on the do's and don't of ownership. Massively helpful, you guys took a lot of risk out of the process and sorting out the option picking.

We plumped for two tone white over blue, blue bellows and a few other choice extras like LED lights, tow bar, wheels upgrade to 17's, privacy glass, safe, apple connect and chrome pack to set it off.

We put our VW generated configuration up on vehicle auction web site which delivered a healthy discount over list. To be honest this was more than dealer direct was prepared to offer so my thanks again to the forums for pointing to how to go about this.

Whole emissions testing and consequential delays (all well discussed elsewhere) have proved a bit frustrating. Still it is was it is. So looking forward to fun times ahead.

A big welcome, glad we were helpful ..... now! Pics! As soon as it arrives get the camera out :D

Welcome allong !

Exciting times - when did you put in your order?
I like the two tones (my 1970 bay was two tone ) so do post some pictures and welcome.:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Will get snapping once we have the keys in a few of weeks time.

+ gvick : The original order was a few days ahead of last Novembers price rise. So we have fixed the 2018 pricing but then got tangled up with long delays with emissions issues (all well documented elsewhere) then a UK allocations delay all meaning we were on the long side of the delivery time line at end April 2019.

Thank you. Love the red two tone. Cheers

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Will get snapping once we have the keys in a few of weeks time.

*+ gvick : The original order was a few days ahead of last Novembers price rise. So we have fixed the 2018 pricing but then got tangled up with long delays with emissions issues (all well documented elsewhere) then a UK allocations delay all meaning we were on the long side of the delivery time line at end April 2019.
Wow a long wait indeed nearly 5 months
Hope that makes delivery day extra special
Don’t forget to use hand over check list available to vips in the own loa section :thumb

Hi Chadders,

:welcome
That will be one nice looking Cali. I bet it feels like time has gone into slow motion waiting for D day?
Not long now :pinkbanana

Take your time when collecting ask all the questions you need to and check everything is present and correct.

Did you go for the extended Warranty ? (5 years total) you have 3 months to take up the offer with VW. And in my opinion well worth it for peace of mind

We'll take the warranty extension looks good value. We don''t have long term plan or any idea on when we'd replace so having the option for 5 years 80,000 miles seems like a good hedge. Thanks again for warm welcome.
Printed the handover check and made sure to cross check with our order details - really helpful bit of kit.

Quick update: Delivery is the 18th of April so chuffed we'll have our new Cali for Easter. Will post pics on pick up and share the joy

Back from our first trip 6 weeks road trip around France. Cali did everything and more we could have wanted. Planned for and followed through on the ‘less is more’ approach to packing and stuff was our mantra. 2,700 miles 11 stops. Only regret not taking bikes.

Off to Spain/Portugal for a month soon. But before then the Scottish North Coast 500 beckons. Love the Cali love the fuss free life. D56119CA-9F68-4E35-9E59-0AF77932FAEF.jpeg
Pic is of the Gold beach on the final leg making a brew.

Back