Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vangear Nano Pod

I have not got one yet but only due to 2 teenagers a wife and a large Dog (Boris the Boxer) - If it was just me I would have one tomorrow! When lower bed made Boris needs all the floor space he can get to sleep.

I have not got one yet but only due to 2 teenagers a wife and a large Dog (Boris the Boxer) - If it was just me I would have one tomorrow! When lower bed made Boris needs all the floor space he can get to sleep.
Getting my dog to stay on the floor

I bought the pod. It is great. If you don’t want to use the sink you can free up some storage space by removing the plastic containers.
I use a portable gas burner on mine.
Great bit of kit.
Have you any pictures of it in the van please? All the videos and pictures I can find are out of the van....Thanks!

That looks great, any chance of some pictures of the inside with stuff in it. Trying to gauge if it’s got enough inside room. Really looking for a ‘tardis’ pod, small on the outside and loads of room inside.

That looks great, any chance of some pictures of the inside with stuff in it. Trying to gauge if it’s got enough inside room. Really looking for a ‘tardis’ pod, small on the outside and loads of room inside.

image.jpg

Sorry it took so long to reply. I only just logged back on after eating breakfast from my Nano pod

Not a problem, thanks, is it working out as you hoped?

Been looking at this, on their website today, and have emailed to ask about having 2 gas burners instead of the sink and have a flip top fitted.
It looks ideal but does anybody have pics of it with the seats facing inwards or with the bed setup?
Thanks

I would also be open to buying a cupboard drawers of similar style.

We took the plunge and bought the new nano.... different flip over top an bigger internal storage. We have now trialled it on a 10 day trip and it has worked well for us. We have a 3 seater bench and can get the bed out no issues. We've fixed it behind the passenger seat. We use it for food storage- we store most stuff except bedding in the awning but never wanted to put food in the awning over night so problem solved. We can still access our 18l indel b fridge which we keep between the front seats. We asked for a 12v socket rather than the usb, so we can plug the nano into the wall 12v socket and the fridge into the nano. Didn't think we would use the sink but actually nice to have for cleaning your teeth before bed :)-)) and making that morning cuppa with an electric collapsible kettle we now have somewhere to stand! I'm nervous about the combination of naked flames and two kids jumping about so we bought a tefal portable induction ring which fits fine on the flip over table/lid. We still mainly cook outside so fine for us to be restricted to needing ehu. Happy to supply photos if you can cope with seeing the state of our van post 10 day trip with kids!!!

Last edited:
Pics please. State of the van is not a problem as i have 3 kids in our beach :Nailbiting

We took the plunge and bought the new nano.... different flip over top an bigger internal storage. We have now trialled it on a 10 day trip and it has worked well for us. We have a 3 seater bench and can get the bed out no issues. We've fixed it behind the passenger seat. We use it for food storage- we store most stuff except bedding in the awning but never wanted to put food in the awning over night so problem solved. We can still access our 18l indel b fridge which we keep between the front seats. We asked for a 12v socket rather than the usb, so we can plug the nano into the wall 12v socket and the fridge into the nano. Didn't think we would use the sink but actually nice to have for cleaning your teeth before bed :)-)) and making that morning cuppa with an electric collapsible kettle we now have somewhere to stand! I'm nervous about the combination of naked flames and two kids jumping about so we bought a tefal portable induction ring which fits fine on the flip over table/lid. We still mainly cook outside so fine for us to be restricted to needing ehu. Happy to supply photos if you can cope with seeing the state of our van post 10 day trip with kids!!!
PIctures would be great....can you spin both front seatcs and have nice comfy 'lounge' with the nano in place?

Finally got around to taking some pics. This is where we have the nano positioned so we can still get the bed out easily and still get stuff from in the nano. It attaches to the floor rails. Moves out of van easily but wouldn't want to do this on a daily basis as would be a pain to move when full of food/water. Didn't take any pics of this, but the table still fits in the rail along side the nano... they are about the same height.

20180825_122323.jpg

20180825_122341.jpg

20180825_122354.jpg

20180825_122756.jpg

20180825_122419.jpg

20180825_122813.jpg

20180825_122818.jpg

20180825_123157.jpg