Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango Airway Cruz Ill Driveaway Awning

R

Rb7

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi. Has anyone got the Vango Cruz..?
Looked at so many and keen on this one for our T6, but just wanted to know if anyone has one and can share their views on it regarding size when up, packed away and also ease of putting up and down etc
Thanks in advance.

Purchased one last year for our T6, cant really fault it. Takes a bit of practice to put up initially, took two of us over an hour the first couple of times but now 1/2hr at most.
Wouldn't be without it, after a years use nothing has failed or broke.

Purchased one last year for our T6, cant really fault it. Takes a bit of practice to put up initially, took two of us over an hour the first couple of times but now 1/2hr at most.
Wouldn't be without it, after a years use nothing has failed or broke.
Thanks for the response. Size wise do you ever feel it’s too big for a standard pitch as it comes out 4m from the van...?

Never had a problem, was allocated a pitch last year in France that was a bit tight but managed.
We have on a couple of occasions attached it to the awning in the wound out position which gave us a nice bit of shade .
When booking I tend to book a large rather than a standard pitch or give size dimensions when booking.
I can assure you there's much bigger set ups than a Cali with an awning on most sites.
For us a family of four the size is about right, if it rains there's enough room to sit inside around the cali table.
It's a bit daunting at first to put up and pack but after a while it's easy. The only time we dont use it is when on a one night stop over.
It's been one of our best additions for the Beach, others being a Slidepod kitchen unit and Vanessa window bags.

Thanks for the information, very useful, it looks one of the best options yet not many owners talk about it, which is why I was wondering.

On C&CC hard standing sites in UK I get asked to park sideways with a Vango Kela so it doesn’t extend onto the grass. It goes out 3.7m from van if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Rb7
On C&CC hard standing sites in UK I get asked to park sideways with a Vango Kela so it doesn’t extend onto the grass. It goes out 3.7m from van if I remember correctly.
Our awning is 3 metres and we can just squeeze it beside the van if we park facing forwards on C&CC site hardstandings. Any larger and I think you might have to park sideways as @AlisonF says.

Our awning is 3 metres and we can just squeeze it beside the van if we park facing forwards on C&CC site hardstandings. Any larger and I think you might have to park sideways as @AlisonF says.
Thanks for the information.

Only used C&CC sites when we had a great white pre kids, no longer a member as I found them not conjucieve to the younger crowd.
Touring Europe is a bit more relaxing in my opinion(pre covid) with a wider range of high quality sites that are accepting of children.
Some sites do expect you to park in a regimented way to protect grass but in my experience these pitches are larger than C&CC.
Stayed at Camping Grubhoff (Austria) last yr and they insisted on this.
Amazing site voted on of the best in Europe.

Had it 3 years now, brilliant awning BUT with reservations... Tagged to the VW, it just about fits in a standard pitch (9meter?) as you can see in the pic... Had to use the tree and the metal post for the straps/guy ropes at the far end.
The following year we opted for a large pitch at the same campsite in Calpe.
DSC_0173~2.jpgDSC_1351.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• DSC_0173.jpg
    DSC_0173.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 12
Thanks, that does look tight. Love the idea of having the porch at the front but maybe it could also cause a few problems with space.

Thanks, that does look tight. Love the idea of having the porch at the front but maybe it could also cause a few problems with space.
Vango also has one that is almost identucal BUT is sideways on, ie tent is parallel to the van.. name escapes me at the moment

Vango also has one that is almost identical BUT is sideways on, ie tent is parallel to the van.. name escapes me at the moment

Yes, the Cove and Galli are sideways on with the porch, but the issue with the Cali is the door is on the right and the awning then faces backwards, which I’m not sure is a problem or not.

Yes, the Cove and Galli are sideways on with the porch, but the issue with the Cali is the door is on the right and the awning then faces backwards, which I’m not sure is a problem or not.

You can spec the Galli upon purchase to face the way which best suits you. 'RSV' is designed to attach to the right hand side of your vehicle (RSV, Right Side of Vehicle).

Reactions: fwd
Back