Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango Cruz Drive-Away??

R

Rich Purdy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, we're a family of 4 (kids 5 & 2) + dog and new this year to enjoying our Cali. Having done a couple of trips (UK) so far in the rain, we can see how an awning would be a good addition. Done lots of research, reading this forum too, and have considering the Vango Cruz, something not too big for a couple of days, but big enough for a bit longer too.

Has anyone got any experience with the Cruz, or reasons as to why we should be considering an alternative? We appreciate your help in advance. :)

Hi, we're a family of 4 (kids 5 & 2) + dog and new this year to enjoying our Cali. Having done a couple of trips (UK) so far in the rain, we can see how an awning would be a good addition. Done lots of research, reading this forum too, and have considering the Vango Cruz, something not too big for a couple of days, but big enough for a bit longer too.

Has anyone got any experience with the Cruz, or reasons as to why we should be considering an alternative? We appreciate your help in advance. :)
We have the Vango Cruz, good driveaway awning, well made with good material
The only diffrencentre between Cruz and Kela is the porch section. Could save you £150!

I'm going to fit my figure of 8 onto top edge of wind out awning , we found that when using a Kandor strip, the roof of sloped towards the van
When you deflate the airbeams, do the outer ones first, letting them fold into the centre of the awning, also push in the white air release valve and turn 90 deg, this will keep it open and make it a lot easier to fold
On the hand pump, there are three adaptors, you only use one if them, remove the two unused one, but keep to one side as I haven't yet found a use for them, but!
Put the pressure gauge onto the outlet if hand pump before attaching pipe
If and when you fo leave the awning, Mark were your tyres are, so you can line up when you return
Don't roll the bottoms of the access doors up when your going to drive away, you peg them out and that makes the awning stable

Thank you @Taff7996 really appreciate your time to respond. I'm with you re: the addition of the porch, but useful extra space nevertheless. Thanks for the tips too!

Back