Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango kela 3 low ? Anyone got or used one.

Chris H

Chris H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Looking for a drive away awning and this one has popped on to my radar anyone come across it or have one?

Looking for a drive away awning and this one has popped on to my radar anyone come across it or have one?
hi Chris, we have one - we are about to use it for 2 weeks in Guernsey, seems good quality for the short time we have had it up to test... can report back after a proper camping use soon. I know some others have the Kela 3 low also - I think perhaps @Geezso ? maybe. have a look at this thread for club discount I ordered from here and can recommend. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/vip-member-discount-world-of-camping.13212/#post-135709

Thanks look forward to your review. Do you have a VW awning fitted if so do you need an adaptor to make it fit the Cali. ?

I indeed do have it. I think its brilliant. The low means no or very little tunnel sag. Perfect for the California. Various fixing options too. I attached the kela to our awning and tensioned up using the pole. Then we got the figure of 8 and kador strip. What an easy job, as long as you park correctly its virtually plug and play each time you return to site.

4.jpg

Last edited:
This was my fist outing, it should be used on grass imo.

Thanks looks great just what we need when we are away for a week and want to go visit places without having to pack everything away.

Did you go for any of the extra brace tubes or the storm straps? Do you think it would need any?

I indeed do have it. I think its brilliant. The low means no or very little tunnel sag. Perfect for the California. Various fixing options too. I attached the kela to our awning and tensioned up using the pole. Then we got the figure of 8 and kador strip. What an easy job, as long as you park correctly its virtually plug and play each time you return to site.

View attachment 14529
I have just bought one and the specification is very impressive and seems ideal even if a bit expensive at £500! I haven't used it yet having only just bought it yesterday but the fixing kit (additional extra for about £25) seems simple and all you seem to do is to wind out the awning on the California a little bit, insert the flexible mesh bit into the gap revealing the figure of 8 plastic thingy on the top of your awning box then finally tighten the awning up and then set up the Kela III and enjoy! - at least I hope it is that simple but please let me know if there is a better way - many thanks!!

I have just bought one and the specification is very impressive and seems ideal even if a bit expensive at £500! I haven't used it yet having only just bought it yesterday but the fixing kit (additional extra for about £25) seems simple and all you seem to do is to wind out the awning on the California a little bit, insert the flexible mesh bit into the gap revealing the figure of 8 plastic thingy on the top of your awning box then finally tighten the awning up and then set up the Kela III and enjoy! - at least I hope it is that simple but please let me know if there is a better way - many thanks!!
I also have the Kela III low, used a couple of times so far & and love it. Although I do have a figure of 8 & kador strip I've never used them, instead i've have slotted the Kela straight into the awning recess. Even drove away and reconnected last time we were away - my partner fed the strip out/in as I inched the van out/in, positioning of the van when reconnecting is paramount but it worked a treat for us :thumb

I also have the Kela III low, used a couple of times so far & and love it. Although I do have a figure of 8 & kador strip I've never used them, instead i've have slotted the Kela straight into the awning recess. Even drove away and reconnected last time we were away - my partner fed the strip out/in as I inched the van out/in, positioning of the van when reconnecting is paramount but it worked a treat for us :thumb
This is a nice bit of kit and we used it last night in a camp site in Builth Wells - it rained so it was great to step out of the van into the dry - just been experimenting with some tension adjustments and can also see how you have slotted the Kela into the VW Awning recess and then tightened it - I also tried the figure of 8 plotting into the recess and this will also work so will try both - many thanks

Just back from a week in the Lakes with our new Kela III Low.

Very impressive bit of kit-bag to up in <. 15 mins without reverting to instructions. Attached via plastic fig 8 kit clipped onto top of roll out awning, 2 fabric loops over end and all good. One big day of rain and only complaint was wind through bottom of van and not being able to fire up night heater - fills awning up with exhaust fumes ! Very handy to have more space. Drove away twice, no hassles hooking back up both times.

Very impressive bit of kit-bag to up in <. 15 mins without reverting to instructions. Attached via plastic fig 8 kit clipped onto top of roll out awning, 2 fabric loops over end and all good. One big day of rain and only complaint was wind through bottom of van and not being able to fire up night heater - fills awning up with exhaust fumes ! Very handy to have more space. Drove away twice, no hassles hooking back up both times.
http://www.driveaway-awnings.co.uk/khyam-kamper-baffle/

Hi

I thought I would share some feedback on the Kela III Vango Awning

Great for two people and easy to erect

We bought this ground sheet for our Vango Kela III awning and it fitted perfect including the porch area next to our van! Amazing thickness and build quality and having the chance for reversible (we chose the silver to create more light) was brilliant https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00683YPBS/?tag=eliteelect-21

My daughter bought the Vango Galli and this is also perfect but would suit a small family or for those who just prefer more room! She bought a shop display model for £100 cheaper and a free footprint and carpet so pays to shop around and also look out for end of season sales soon: http://www.leisureoutlet.com/carava...-Awning.html?gclid=CLWin4KchM4CFQo6Gwodyf0GIw

Good point about the exhaust fumes from the heater NZCol!!

I did detect some fumes and tried to figure where it was coming from!

Anyone have any solutions apart from turning off the heater???

Good point about the exhaust fumes from the heater NZCol!!

I did detect some fumes and tried to figure where it was coming from!

Anyone have any solutions apart from turning off the heater???
Perhaps a vinyl skirt for that one side of the van between the wheels?

Did the fig 8 kit come with it or was this a separate purchase? Thanks

I got the Kela 3 deluxe (has an awning porch that's removable). Loaded in the back it uses maybe 1/3 of the total storage space. You can get it direct from Vango with 12m interest free credit also.

Back