Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VCDS (for California ) help/advice please

dfps

dfps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi
Is there anyone on the forum with good knowledge of VCDS and willing to offer occasional help / advice ?
I appreciate there is a plethora of info on the web but was hoping to get someone with knowledge of the Cali
as it seems to have a lot more options fitted than most standard VW Transporters and a lot of the web based stuff seems to go quickly off on tangents and gets quite confusing.
I was hoping to occasionally be able to message someone back and forth and perhaps send codes to for advice.
At the moment I have a problem with the electric windows. I do most of the normal maintenance work on my Cali myself so have reasonable mechanical capability but electronics are not a strong point. Thanks

2007 2.5tdi SE model.

Thanks

Hi
Is there anyone on the forum with good knowledge of VCDS and willing to offer occasional help / advice ?
I appreciate there is a plethora of info on the web but was hoping to get someone with knowledge of the Cali
as it seems to have a lot more options fitted than most standard VW Transporters and a lot of the web based stuff seems to go quickly off on tangents and gets quite confusing.
I was hoping to occasionally be able to message someone back and forth and perhaps send codes to for advice.
At the moment I have a problem with the electric windows. I do most of the normal maintenance work on my Cali myself so have reasonable mechanical capability but electronics are not a strong point. Thanks

2007 2.5tdi SE model.

Thanks
Have you looked on the T6 forum as there is a specific VCDS section

Where abouts in Wales are you?

Does your T5 have the convenience module under the right front seat? If so there is a known problem with corrosion on wires in its loom which often affects window operation. On late T5s the module was incorporated with the body control module which is under the dash.

I'm not far from the mid Wales border in Telford and have VCDS although I'm no expert.

Back