Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ventilation

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
How are you handling ventilation?
Is it necessary to have open windows if the roof is up? We have been sleeping 2 adults and 2 children for three nights and feel a bit tired in the morning when sleeping downstairs.
I am considering Brandrup Airscreen for the front windows, but I think they are a bit expensive, especially if they are not rain or mosquito proof.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We Like fresh air have wind reflectors on front doors so leave the window open a fraction

H

Hotel California

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
@kave ,
The Brandrup airscreens are pretty waterpoof ( not stormproof ) and think only small mozzies can go thru ....the most insects do not come thru.
You can always put a xtra net on it with smaller holes but the ventilation factor will go down.
The small mozzies also can come thru the vents in top of the roof canvas;)

I use the musquito net in the sliding window all the time , got the two front airscreens from Brandrup , the airsafe for the rear door(Brandrup) and recent a musquito net in the sliding door (MaxCamp)

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Great, but if using the mosquito net, which brandrup seem to have two completely different versions of, it might rain into the vehicle?

H

Hotel California

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
A musquito net in the sliding door can be used in rain if you wind the awning a bit witch i usually do to keep the rain out while getting in and out , in combination with a drive-away awning i also does stay dry.