Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vertical Black line on Control Panel

Whistler

Whistler

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I have just had the control panel knob replaced by a main dealer on my 2010 SE. Just had the control panel on to check the repair and noticed that there is a solid vertical black line on the display. I know the horizontal lines issues are usually caused by the ribbon cable but what about vertical lines?
20210620_184029.jpg

Been into the diagnostics menu and there are no reported errors. I'll be contacting the main dealer about this but would like to have an idea what the problem is when I talk to them. To cap matters off I found this on the floor which I suspect is a tab broken off the control panel so I'm beginning to think someone hasn't taken enough care during the repair.
20210620_190321.jpg

Looks like a sloppy repair, the solid black line is probably a poor connection on the display ribbon cable or PCB and the broken part looks like one of the control panel clips

Just to post the resolution. Cali went back to the dealer who opened the box back up. Discovered a screwdriver score on the electronics. Broken tab came from the control box as well. Dealer put their hands up immediately and had a new control box is on order before they phoned me back. Old unit back in place while awaiting replacement.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk