Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Very pleased with my new California

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
One small problem I hope someone can help as dealer says his is the same :( the display panel in the middle of the dash panel shows Miles travelled and miles travelled on the trip setting but the speed shows in KM per hour cant be right as it should show in MPH is this a setting or on the T5 its a setting programed in the ECU and a dealer programmer is required I guess I am missing something
welcome any ideas as its really annoying

One small problem I hope someone can help as dealer says his is the same :( the display panel in the middle of the dash panel shows Miles travelled and miles travelled on the trip setting but the speed shows in KM per hour cant be right as it should show in MPH is this a setting or on the T5 its a setting programed in the ECU and a dealer programmer is required I guess I am missing something

Mines the same..... Handy, when traveling in the Republic of Ireland, or on the continent. Plays havoc with my OCD tho!

It seems to be a problem on the T6 half seem to be in KM and the other half in MPH was told you have to have it in KM but I beg to differ I'm in the uk and it must display MPH all the other settings are correct so not sure where to go from here

You have the Speedo.
The KPH digital reading is normal. I believe it can be changed if you change the MFD Country/Language.
The KPH is there because the California is based on a European vehicle designed for touring. If you notice the Speedo does not have a KPH scale as some do.
Personally, I don't see it as annoying at all. In fact it would be even more annoying if it wasn't there, unless of course you don't intend to travel outside the UK at all.:thumb

You have the Speedo.
The KPH digital reading is normal. I believe it can be changed if you change the MFD Country/Language.
The KPH is there because the California is based on a European vehicle designed for touring. If you notice the Speedo does not have a KPH scale as some do.
Personally, I don't see it as annoying at all. In fact it would be even more annoying if it wasn't there, unless of course you don't intend to travel outside the UK at all.:thumb
I agree - I find the KPH very handy when travelling abroad and would miss it - don't find it gets in the way of the usual UK travelling either.

Takes all sorts!

I agree - I find the KPH very handy when travelling abroad and would miss it - don't find it gets in the way of the usual UK travelling either.

Takes all sorts!

It's actually really useful to have a kph display as well as an mph speedo. One, for travelling abroad and two because the UK 56 mph speed limits for HGV's is actually 90 kph translated to mph. Why is that relevant? Because in roadworks on motorways with 50 mph limits and average-speed cameras truck drivers know that they can maintain their 56 mph without triggering the cameras. Therefore as long as my kph display shows below 90 (it's easier to read the digital display than judge where 56 is on the speedo) I know I can make progress without getting a ticket and without being harassed by frustrated truckers who are having to slow down to stay behind those driving at an indicated 50 mph. Remember there is also a margin because all speedos are designed to be optimistic by (usually) 5%.

With the Carista you can have both. Use MPH when in the UK and as soon as you arrive in Europe switch to KPH as we have on our T6 :thumb

Back