Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swiss California in the UK: speedometer question

Caliromande

Caliromande

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi there, we’re driving our Swiss California in the UK. It’s configured for kilometres and we’ve switched it over to mph but the large digital speed display is missing from the middle of the screen behind the steering wheel. The mph speed only shows in small text in the bottom section of the display.

Does anyone know how to bring it up to the main part?

Also, the regular speedometer dial is only configured for km/h whereas cars I’ve owned in the past have always had two rings with readings for mph as well as km/h. Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the dial so that we could read the mph speed there as well? (Too late for this trip but as we’ll be coming to the UK regularly we’d like to find a solution to avoid any mishaps )

12759B29-B3E3-4BAE-A2AF-9DCA081BBA68.jpeg

Interesting - when I switch to km/h in Europe I only get the small reading where you have indicated but my speedometer is marked in both mph and km/h. I couldn't find a way to get the readout bigger.

Interesting - when I switch to km/h in Europe I only get the small reading where you have indicated but my speedometer is marked in both mph and km/h. I couldn't find a way to get the readout bigger.
My configuration is the same as yours. I can not find a way to change this.

Awesome does that work the other way around with km/h? I'm off to Denmark meet soon. :)

Awesome does that work the other way around with km/h? I'm off to Denmark meet soon. :)
I set my SAT Nav to kph. It displays as kph in red circle with white background and bleeps at me if I transgress! (Garmin after market).

Thank you for all your responses. Will investigate Loz’s suggestion with my brother who’s an electronics engineer and seems best placed to undertake such a task!

We managed fine in Ireland and UK with the small mph. Just combined it with ACC to avoid any speed tickets.

This is what we’re doing currently- fingers crossed we’ll get back across the Channel without any speeding fines! :cheers

We manage perfectly well in mainland Europe with a MPH speedo.

In round figures...
30mph = 50kph
40mph = 65kph
50mph = 80kph
60mph = 100kph bit over but not a problem
70mph = 112kph

A VW speedo will probably be between 5% & 10% fast anyway.

+Caliromande don't worry drive sensibly and you will be OK. You are far more likely to get caught out by a parking fine, London emission / congestion zone or the Dartford crossing toll all of which will probably never catch up with you in Switzerland.

Just enjoy our country like we enjoy yours.

Rod

I set my SAT Nav to kph. It displays as kph in red circle with white background and bleeps at me if I transgress! (Garmin after market).
Did the same in France - it really helped as their speed limits are not always that clear - particularly in built-up areas.