Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Sitting outside the van in the Dordogne in May, beer in hand, when this hot air balloon came over
B6896891-6593-4288-85F3-35A7683AA192.jpeg

Post #3000

I’ll take the first guess - The Rhône Glacier and a post office van just coming out of a tunnel.
Certainly not the Rhône Glacier. Or it must be molten that fast that even the green is coming out already. Been there in 2010 for the last time and it doesn't look anyway near the Rhône Glacier.
Try again.

View attachment 50647
Can’t really compete with the amazing places some Calis are! Our first day away and we made it to Great Bircham Windmill, and the sun is shining too!
Doesn't really matter.
If you have a great time, being wherever you are, and not regretting you are there with your California, then your trip is the best thing that could happen to you that moment.

I'd like to go to all those places of the pictures I really love, but on the other hand, when working, not having enough time to travel more than 2 days in a row to reach a destination that I like to explore, I am not jealous.
Just making the best out of it, wherever I strand.

Picturesque old military track. Meyronnes France...
A4FF0F73-BB9B-46FA-A964-95F500458FAF.jpeg
58B78CFF-A933-49F2-BE4D-F7638303B334.jpeg

Ended up at this great wild camp spot. 360° of unspoilt nature. So so wonderfully quiet, only seen 5 people in 2 days. 2 on horseback, 2 on mountain bikes and a charming shepherd who came to let me know his flock was coming past. (I shut the doors)
D9D2424C-F952-403D-A1C2-F35465A3FDBA.jpeg5DF2FFF2-89F6-48A5-B401-E414A8E8895A.jpegAF31BA45-0114-42C8-BF1E-B2784B110F8F.jpeg
At one point could see 10 eagles all at the same time circling in the updraft above. Some came so close that the rushing noise from their gliding wings was startling. Their size and the colours and gradients of their feathers so beautiful I was in ore. Did wonder if they were coming to check the dog out for possible lunch, but hey thanks the show. Magical place. Will stay for a third.

Certainly not the Rhône Glacier. Or it must be molten that fast that even the green is coming out already. Been there in 2010 for the last time and it doesn't look anyway near the Rhône Glacier.
Try again.
I knew it wasn’t the Rhône Glacier - but that was the only glacier I could think of and I was trying to spark a guessing game.

Similarly, I knew it wasn’t a Post Office van coming out of the tunnel seen in the wing mirror.

Glacial Lake high up on the susten pass in Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been in the surroundings, but never had the chance (not really the chance, but I never did) to take the Susten Pass.
As I have always stayed way down the valley (Valais) at Gampel/Steg and Raron, the way to the Rhône Glacier is already quite far enough when you visit the glacier, you have not much time left over for doing more than returning to the campsite.

Picturesque old military track. Meyronnes France...
View attachment 50657
View attachment 50659

Ended up at this great wild camp spot. 360° of unspoilt nature. So so wonderfully quiet, only seen 5 people in 2 days. 2 on horseback, 2 on mountain bikes and a charming shepherd who came to let me know his flock was coming past. (I shut the doors)
View attachment 50661View attachment 50663View attachment 50665
At one point could see 10 eagles all at the same time circling in the updraft above. Some came so close that the rushing noise from their gliding wings was startling. Their size and the colours and gradients of their feathers so beautiful I was in ore. Did wonder if they were coming to check the dog out for possible lunch, but hey thanks the show. Magical place. Will stay for a third.
That's a stunning location!

823e81260dceb222dea079633e53e8ba.jpg
1eda12b0aaaa639ceb9d6596f5581b95.jpg

Ready now!

Last edited: