Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Yes, Nick. We stayed for free because we’re members of the Britstops scheme. They just wanted our reg number. But if you’re not Britstops you can pay to stay. Forgot to ask how much!

I would phone first at the mo because of Covid and not just turn up, just in case. All the staff there are really friendly and we had a great time. We arrived lunch time on Saturday and left after closing time on Sunday.

They have 24/7 proper loos with Electric light, hot and cold water sink and air hand drpier plus, outside, a water hose if you want to fill up.

If you don’t get a space by the canal in the day, you can park round the side and move when the carpark thins out.

If you have kids, in October they do PYO pumpkins.
Phoned today and was told it is Brit Stop only anyway found a CMC cl within spitting distance so booked that. We will still have a wander down there and have a breakfast.

Phoned today and was told it is Brit Stop only anyway found a CMC cl within spitting distance so booked that. We will still have a wander down there and have a breakfast.
When I went into the shop to let them know we’d arrived she went to charge me but I said we were Britstops and she said “oh, you stay for free then” So I assumed anyone could stay if you pay. I’ll see if I can find out more.

Some places are only Britstops, especially businesses that aren’t pubs.

I think it’s worth buying in to the Britstops scheme, around £30 for the book and monthly updates, as you can use the places without buying goods/services if you want or need to. We usually do but there have been times when we can’t or haven’t (like if we arrive/leave before opening or after closing and are just resting to break up a journey, or at the chiropodist’s!). We’ve had some great destinations in their own right where we’ve eaten, stayed over, used their car park all day, gone for a long walk and returned for drinks/snacks/tea/dinner before leaving if they’re open. Hosts are usually very friendly and most of the places feel really safe. As long as you remember you’re not camping, just parking and kipping in the van all’s good (some like this farmshop though don’t mind people picnicking, sitting out).

3c6b5ed552345e94118a6a9f97f3a6d7.jpg

On the bank of the Thames within the M25.

When I went into the shop to let them know we’d arrived she went to charge me but I said we were Britstops and she said “oh, you stay for free then” So I assumed anyone could stay if you pay. I’ll see if I can find out more.

Some places are only Britstops, especially businesses that aren’t pubs.

I think it’s worth buying in to the Britstops scheme, around £30 for the book and monthly updates, as you can use the places without buying goods/services if you want or need to. We usually do but there have been times when we can’t or haven’t (like if we arrive/leave before opening or after closing and are just resting to break up a journey, or at the chiropodist’s!). We’ve had some great destinations in their own right where we’ve eaten, stayed over, used their car park all day, gone for a long walk and returned for drinks/snacks/tea/dinner before leaving if they’re open. Hosts are usually very friendly and most of the places feel really safe. As long as you remember you’re not camping, just parking and kipping in the van all’s good (some like this farmshop though don’t mind people picnicking, sitting out).
There is no limit really to the number of clubs you join, did look at the Brit stops thing a while back but didn’t do anything about it, we did have France Passion last year but in the end only used it twice, first place we tried they said we hadn’t spent enough in the farm shop think we were purchasing in the region of 15/20 euros so was told we couldn’t stay so we left the goods on the counter and walked out, the second place was loverly a champagne vineyard but that ended up costing us a couple of hundred quid. We are members of the CAMC that was a gift before lockdown so it’s not really had much use, did do the site in Bristol in February that was brilliant it will be a pity to see that go. I have a colleague at who is a Brit stops member I need to borrow his book to get a feel for what is available trouble is haven’t seen him for six months as like a lot of others he’s working from home.

There is no limit really to the number of clubs you join, did look at the Brit stops thing a while back but didn’t do anything about it, we did have France Passion last year but in the end only used it twice, first place we tried they said we hadn’t spent enough in the farm shop think we were purchasing in the region of 15/20 euros so was told we couldn’t stay so we left the goods on the counter and walked out, the second place was loverly a champagne vineyard but that ended up costing us a couple of hundred quid. We are members of the CAMC that was a gift before lockdown so it’s not really had much use, did do the site in Bristol in February that was brilliant it will be a pity to see that go. I have a colleague at who is a Brit stops member I need to borrow his book to get a feel for what is available trouble is haven’t seen him for six months as like a lot of others he’s working from home.
It's worth a shot at only £30 for the book and monthly updates. There's a facebook group for reviews, but they only use reference numbers for the book, not the place name or location, but it'll be good for you to get an overview of the current situation, which seems to be very healthy at the mo despite a few venues closing (because of Covid).