Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Randalstown Forest and Lough Neagh.
1e17ac0a480cf213b31e3e39041668ab.jpg
fe485d7eb6304e7598332288053e1e0c.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

A view from, with a happy ending.
1609150016612.png
Circled in this dashcam shot it a wallet as it came out of the dirver's window as he exited the roundabout. He didn't see it and kept on driving.
I spotted it as I approached the roundabout , so went bach around and pulled over and collected it all up, there was some cash blowing away, 2 building society books, a checkbook, 2 bank cards a driving licence and various other identification.

I was just going to drop it at the police station in Stroud, but they will just log it in and hope someone calls to claim it, but as it contained all this persons stuff, they may end up cancelling it at with all the hastle that goes along with it.

We noticed it had a driving licence in the wallet so checked the address and it was local, so put it in the sat nav and off we went.
We arived at the address only to be told by the occupier that he doesn't live any longer but did have his mobile number so we rang him to find out where he was.
It turned out he lives on a narrow boat in Saul marina, where Loz Jr goes paddling, so we took a drive over there to return it.
He was a bit surpried, to say the least, he had no idea it was missing.

The bank of Karma has been topped up for this year :)

View attachment 71142
Circled in this dashcam shot it a wallet as it came out of the dirver's window as he exited the roundabout. He didn't see it and kept on driving.
I spotted it as I approached the roundabout , so went bach around and pulled over and collected it all up, there was some cash blowing away, 2 building society books, a checkbook, 2 bank cards a driving licence and various other identification.

I was just going to drop it at the police station in Stroud, but they will just log it in and hope someone calls to claim it, but as it contained all this persons stuff, they may end up cancelling it at with all the hastle that goes along with it.

We noticed it had a driving licence in the wallet so checked the address and it was local, so put it in the sat nav and off we went.
We arived at the address only to be told by the occupier that he doesn't live any longer but did have his mobile number so we rang him to find out where he was.
It turned out he lives on a narrow boat in Saul marina, where Loz Jr goes paddling, so we took a drive over there to return it.

Good work, Loz!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

8CB9A757-F9AA-48D7-85BE-9706C4717EFD.jpegTodays view, nice wander round Creag Meagaidh reserve. Impressed with the vector 4 season gen 3 tyres, first time in snow and dsg for me. Hard to tell them from the ultragrip 9 full winter tyres so far

View attachment 71142

What a lovely story and what a lovely thing to do :)

Making the most of being stuck on a driveway. Hoping to add carrier for 1 or 2 bikes too.
Why is it fixed the way it is, i.e. vertically hinged door? Can it also be mounted horizontally? What are you using it for? Or is it just temporarily fixed?

Why is it fixed the way it is, i.e. vertically hinged door? Can it also be mounted horizontally? What are you using it for? Or is it just temporarily fixed?
Fitted that way for few reasons, other space is for possible spare wheel or one/two bikes. Plus the joker has a gap that side so you can see out the rear view mirror (not that I use it).
I want to carry an extra 907 and don’t want it in van, maybe hiking gear etc. Summer may carry SUP inflatable. Extra space without having to much over hang, have never carried 4 bikes. Seen a few do similar as jokers don’t have much of a boot like cali(main storage is under rear seats).E2AEDD73-27EB-48A9-80A3-1439610BC86E.jpeg

Last edited:
First planned cook and drink in the van. Close to home at Amport. Timed to see the sun and miss the rain later in the afternoon. Tested the auxiliary heater, worked lovely. Chili and rice via the pair of ridge monkeys. Awning put up and checked. The fastenings on the legs felt very stiff on first use thought they would snap off !. One thing to note is I had the driver’s door open when I put the awning out , noticed how bad an idea it would be to slam the door closed it would catch the awning. 296053DC-E458-4261-A951-7542DE1806D0.png20B707E2-56DC-4AF6-BDBD-E35FECF70E6E.pngBA913EC3-E29E-4C24-8A9E-54B1B20FB06C.jpegFB061068-3BF6-46CE-B681-4EA9D5B2A8B1.jpeg

First planned cook and drink in the van. Close to home at Amport. Timed to see the sun and miss the rain later in the afternoon. Tested the auxiliary heater, worked lovely. Chili and rice via the pair of ridge monkeys. Awning put up and checked. The fastenings on the legs felt very stiff on first use thought they would snap off !. One thing to note is I had the driver’s door open when I put the awning out , noticed how bad an idea it would be to slam the door closed it would catch the awning. View attachment 71352View attachment 71353View attachment 71350View attachment 71351
Excellent colour choice :) Mine stayed on the drive again today but did get a thorough clean.
Yes, I think it’s best to have drivers door and sliding door closed when winding out the awning.

Attachments

• 72E6E7FC-65AE-4545-A318-1E80FC4FE3FE.jpeg
    72E6E7FC-65AE-4545-A318-1E80FC4FE3FE.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 53
Fitted that way for few reasons, other space is for possible spare wheel or one/two bikes. Plus the joker has a gap that side so you can see out the rear view mirror (not that I use it).
I want to carry an extra 907 and don’t want it in van, maybe hiking gear etc. Summer may carry SUP inflatable. Extra space without having to much over hang, have never carried 4 bikes. Seen a few do similar as jokers don’t have much of a boot like cali(main storage is under rear seats).View attachment 71250
Really like that look is that a special rack or a vw stripped back with modified mount?

It’s just a stripped back vw one, and been powder coated.
I used two of the bike arm fixings stripped back to bolt the top of my box to rack.
Would like to try and source them vertical bars they used.

It’s just a stripped back vw one, and been powder coated.
I used two of the bike arm fixings stripped back to bolt the top of my box to rack.
Would like to try and source them vertical bars they used.
I think it’s just airline alloy tie down rails but not sure how they attach to the rack

Hatchet Pond today... before the National Park removes the parking. Real shame as many people have enjoyed this spot for many years

“East Boldre Parish Council chair Cllr Kevin Holmes said: “During the summer the pond was being used as an activity area with kayaking, swimming and paddleboarding.

“There are signs up asking people not to swim but these were ignored. Because it is a large body of water, people seemed to forget it is a wildlife conservation area.

“We also had problems with wild camping. It is a very fragile area and was being completely spoilt.”

Attachments

• 7326969C-2C49-42CC-A603-1A041BFB39B3.jpeg
    7326969C-2C49-42CC-A603-1A041BFB39B3.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 102
Hatchet Pond today... before the National Park removes the parking. Real shame as many people have enjoyed this spot for many years

“East Boldre Parish Council chair Cllr Kevin Holmes said: “During the summer the pond was being used as an activity area with kayaking, swimming and paddleboarding.

“There are signs up asking people not to swim but these were ignored. Because it is a large body of water, people seemed to forget it is a wildlife conservation area.

“We also had problems with wild camping. It is a very fragile area and was being completely spoilt.”
Looks lovely (the pond and the van).